Bossnut Evo Deal or Trance SX 2014

_kramer
_kramer Posts: 21
edited April 2019 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I have posted not long ago about getting a new full suspension, I just saw that Bossnut Evo is on deal for £850 which sound good I think. Any thought about this bike?

I have the trance SX 2014 still in offer from a friend, which is in really good condition.
54372076-2243665172517237-3098176986841874432-n.jpg

but then Bossnut evo is on sale :/
https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-bo ... ke-p431792

Which one would you pick choose if you're in the same dilemma :?

Comments

• _kramer
    oxoman wrote:
    Personally I'd go for the Trance as it has the better suspension system and I suspect a fair bit lighter. To be fair.there's nothing wrong with the bossnut either, good bike.

Some people said that the fox evo on the trance SX isn't that good or it's terrible :roll: I know that I won't notice this anyway as we I don't have any other fork to compare it with other than my Suntour Fork on my bizango.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You have been asking the same questions on more than one forum and the overwhelming response you are getting on them all is buy the Trance if it fits.
    Just buy the bloody Trance! :)
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • I don't think you can go wrong with either but christ isn't that Trance a thing of beauty. Absolutely gorgeous looking bike.
  • _kramer
    JBA wrote:
    You have been asking the same questions on more than one forum and the overwhelming response you are getting on them all is buy the Trance if it fits.
    Just buy the bloody Trance! :)
    I'm on it! haha collecting it later today. Just wanted to see what people's thought about the Bossnut :lol: compare to the trance.
  • JBA
    Good. You won’t regret it (providing it fits ok). Trance is a great bike.
    Check for play in the shock bushes and rear wheel bearings. Both are easy to sort out if they are worn or loose.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • _kramer
    JBA wrote:
    Good. You won’t regret it (providing it fits ok). Trance is a great bike.
    Check for play in the shock bushes and rear wheel bearings. Both are easy to sort out if they are worn or loose.
    So I got the trance :) yeep lovely bike definitely better than my voodoo. Feels great going down and climbing I've dialed in some bits in to suit my style. Everything seems to be working as expected.

But got few question, regarding the Overdrive 2 can I just get any stem? it currently has 60mm giant stem with 35mm handlebar plate and planning to reduce it to 35-40mm but I'm not sure if I can just any of this ones.
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ste ... 4294964834

v1arpeg.jpg
  • JBA
    _kramer wrote:
    ...regarding the Overdrive 2 can I just get any stem?

No, you can't. Overdrive 2 is a 11/2" to 11/4" taper. 'Normal' stems are 11/8".

What make/model stem is currently on the bike?

• _kramer
    JBA wrote:
    _kramer wrote:
    ...regarding the Overdrive 2 can I just get any stem?

No, you can't. Overdrive 2 is a 11/2" to 11/4" taper. 'Normal' stems are 11/8".

What make/model stem is currently on the bike?
    Doesn't say the model, its just Giant Contact stem 5x60mm and 35mm handle bar clamp.
  • _kramer
    Does anyone know where I can get the right stem for giant? CRC don't have any 1 1/2 - 1 1/4 stem -.-. Or any work around this so I can fit 35mm length stem?
  • JBA
    There are quite a few on eBay but the shortest I could find is 50mm.

• _kramer
    JBA wrote:
    There are quite a few on eBay but the shortest I could find is 50mm.
    Oh really, mind sharing there please :).

Does this mean changing the fork in the future is going to be a pain as well? haha
  • JBA
    Look HERE.

Changing the fork will be no problem. You can fit a normal tapered fork if you change the upper headset to a regular 1 ⅛" jobbie. You will need a new stem then as well (or shim the one you have).