edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, more dabbling in lab, webex perhaps, off out for bubbly evening

hurrah for the coming of warm days
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, misty start which means the sun will be out later , the weekend starts now
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Up early to make the most of the tandem before returning it to the hire place at 9:30, eldest wants to play so that’s good. Won’t take the hound as between walking/running/cycling/pub visit he did 30 miles yesterday!

Today is the beach and body boarding
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, misty here too, but dull but pleasent out. Couple of niggles turned up in the pedal in so will sort them later.
    Seems most people booked next week off so no one is going to want to do any serious work today so back to playing with visual studio more than likely.
    May swing by a pub at lunch, tonight is a meal out at a Chinese so lots of Tsing Tao to be drunk.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Sunny and warm-ish. The promise of dry, dusty trails and no need to wear hundreds of layers is only slightly curtailed by the fact I'm aching from the rest of the week's exercise...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    There's something deeply liberating about warm weather.

Today will be a spot of admin, some chasing up and a bit of toots activities thrown in the mix.

Later will be Quiche and salad.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody Southerners .

Quiet day in the office today thankfully. Got all the admin sorted for next week, so this weekend will involve some rest and relaxation. I have 1 dog and 510 ponies that badly need some exercise :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody Southerners .

Quiet day in the office today thankfully. Got all the admin sorted for next week, so this weekend will involve some rest and relaxation. I have 1 dog and 510 ponies that badly need some exercise :)

Sounds like a disaster of a polo match...
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody Southerners .

Depends if the dogs got the ball
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day of tech sorting for sister. Trying to make wifi work in a black hole for signal reception, then back up and restore a new phone over this connection was never going to end well. Should have taken the whole lot elsewhere and done it, but hey ho.

Got an email from a guv'mint department late this arvo, deliberately sent by them just before closing time for the long weekend I suspect, so I have to wait four days for the opportunity to ring and abuse the cr@p out of whoever answers the phone. I no longer have *any* patience for the utter f**kwits in these departments and will not be a nice person to talk to on the phone for them.

Angry doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody Southerners .

Depends if the dogs got the ball
    I may put Muttley in the boot and keep him amused with noise and g-forces.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Mine has less than half the horses and the hound hates being in the back. Hooray for the Glamarok
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Purchase #1. New BBQ
    Purchase #2. 1.5kg of minced cow products to form proper burgers for Sunday.
    Slave #1. The boy has almost finished building Purchase #1.

I don't have a hound and I suspect that if I did it would hate being thrown in the back of a Navara and bounced all the way down a country lane.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Oh and I've been shouted at at off eBay for completing a transaction elsewhere. Woo, three days ban.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    I don't have a hound and I suspect that if I did it would hate being thrown in the back of a Navara and bounced all the way down a country lane.

He has to deal with me being late for meetings in the middle of nowhere, or just the fun road to the office. The new truck as a lot more poke than the last and he hates it even more... I need to build a little wooden corner thing to stop him sliding about really but I've had him 3 years and not got round to it yet
  • step83
    Our is fine with speed, mind you I only have 146 wheezy ponies so its not quite the same, shes not a fan of sudden braking mind, more likely to do with her flying suddenly forward ruining her nap.

We have a dog box that mounts in the boot for longer drives otherwise she usually just curls up in a rear footwell an sleeps.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Had to come home so trying to WFH but new laptop + changes to phone apps + no scanner is making things a tad difficult.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    When I were a lad we had a dog and it used to sit up on the back seat behind me if we went somewhere. Not many ponies in a Volvo 245 estate but I was young and drove like a tw@. If I had to brake hard the dog would put her front paws on my seat back to stop herself. One time someone pulled out on me so I had to brake very sharply, there was a thud, a yelp and I had a paw either side of my head as the dog hit the seat back.
    Busy day here, looking forward to a 4 day weekend and much chilling.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Last night in Spain. Suckling lamb. Asparagus. Crianza. Waitress with a big round bum.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Some big, round bums, are just fine.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!