DT Swiss Rims

kangarouge
kangarouge Posts: 210
edited April 2019 in Workshop
I've just been having a lot of 'fun' trying to put some GP400ii's and inner tubes on some new DT Swiss rims and was wondering if they have a reputation for being difficult in this respect. Does anybody else have problems with them?

This is the first time I have used rims from this manufacturer and future purchases of their products for me is looking slim at the moment. I don't want to be too hasty.

Comments

• rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Some tyre and rim combo's are just like that - that's when you need to hone your tyre fitting technique, learning to "chase the slack" around the rim. Nothing specific to the manufacturer. I have a pair of DT Swiss rims (PR 1400's) and can fit Hutchinson Performance tubeless without levers if I pay attention to what I'm doing.
  • I have exact same, DT Swiss PR1400 and GP4000ii. A bit stiff to put tyres on but not too much hassle. It was a chore in the winter when I punctured on a cold day so was a challenge then but even with the light plastic tyre levers I carry it was OK.
    My tyres are 25mm for info.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    i dont have a problem with them using the same tyres, infact I'd go so far as to say theyre one of the easiest combinations Ive had.