tuesday paris is burning :(

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

balanced evening of cocktails, bubbly, dessert wine, port, so no hangover

coffee, lab, may condescend to webex with some of those i spurned yesterday, or not, always leave 'em wanting more
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a bit milder today, should be finished at work today so a few weeks off, I really need to get out on the bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not so balanced night on local cider followed by drinking wine as if it was pop

Today is a run soon and then swim in the lake and then hot tub. Then off to the beach for body boarding and a decent lunch.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

1st day of a 2 day course today, but it doesn't start until 9:30 so that messed up my plan of going for an early spin and getting in just in time for the start of it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Lack of pedal today as No1 needs some slapping (etap mech failure)

Somewhat warmer no coincidence a large amount of seasoned lumber caught light across the channel. SRAM centre later for above reason then try an sort no2 for a sportive at the weekend.
    All faff
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sports activity day for Shorty and I Tricky and i will get up to mischief.
    Later will be Chicken Little. Hope it's good.
    The rest of the time will be planting grass seed.

Poor Notre Dame.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    back is in bits but have stuff to do will so have to crack on.

currently trying to drown pain in coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Rode again this morning and dressed appropriately, still slow and s**t though.

Decorating, babysitting and grilled chicken awaits at home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the paradise that is Hanworth. Managed to wobble in this morning at least, the days are getting warmer but a tad chilly first thing.
    There was me thinking one of the MFs had stolen my back and put the broken one in it's place. Back is giving me severe gyp, I'm walking as though I've sharted. Riding the bike is not too bad at least.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    oxoman wrote:
    French government job creation scheme, me thinks. Filling large hole under the sea may be next. :lol:
    The French have always been pretty good at burning stuff. We showed them the way with Joan of Arc.

Afternoon all, busy dealing with a mixture of banal and idiotic comments from auditors, but nothing of any concern. Legs still ache a bit from yesterday evening, must have been pushing on a bit after navigating my way through eco-hippies on the way home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Loafing in the sun for the afternoon after a large lunch. Weather turns cloudy tomorrow, so I expect a trip into malaga.
  • Matthewfalle
    pics of norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    There were lots of norks at the beach. Bums too. The place looked like a carry on film. Unfortunately you'll just have to imagine it, as I didn't take any pictures. :oops:
  • step83
    Well, the local Trek store are rubbish, kept trying to say I was turning off the rear mech, I did point out the complications of this whilst riding the bike. Problem thankfully appeared in the shop while it was on a workstand but they then said it was my batteries in the shifter that were weak reducing the range.

Who knows, anyway, mental imagery of beaches aside, its oddly getting misty here, faulty weather again no doubt.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the paradise that is Hanworth. Managed to wobble in this morning at least, the days are getting warmer but a tad chilly first thing.
    There was me thinking one of the MFs had stolen my back and put the broken one in it's place. Back is giving me severe gyp, I'm walking as though I've sharted. Riding the bike is not too bad at least.

i've justt been for a pedal on the slick shod mtb and its loosened up the back really nicely. It also ended up loosening my wallet as i bought a new Uvex aero helmet at a brilliant price to wear on the new S3 that has covered 6 miles in a month.

the MFs suggest that a pedalling, whilst popping shed loads of Naproxone at controlled drug levels, is the way to go.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Why not at uncontrolled levels? What could possibly go wrong?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Step83 wrote:
    Well, the local Trek store are rubbish, kept trying to say I was turning off the rear mech, I did point out the complications of this whilst riding the bike. Problem thankfully appeared in the shop while it was on a workstand but they then said it was my batteries in the shifter that were weak reducing the range.
    they sound incompetent

there's an led on each shifter paddle, if it flashes green on a shift the battery is fine, fwiw mine are still ok after > 2 years (as are all the other etap bits)

several reports of rd failures seemed to pop up around the same time, i'd assume a quality problem with a component has resulted in batches with increased chance of early failure

sram are upholding the finest traditions of customer service by not being open on the issue, by now they surely must have enough data to at least publish serial number ranges of iffy units and allow dealers to quickly swap out failed ones without hassle
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Why not at uncontrolled levels? What could possibly go wrong?

as my family found out last night, too much stacking of random stuff turns the MF into a giggling toddler.

i spent 3 hours on my back playing with one of The Hounds squeezy plastic toys laughing uncontrollably before crawling off to bed, taking some Ami and snoring all night.

just popped some more drugs now - must admit that bike ride was brilliant for the back.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    getting drunk in the sun with TDV on cheap Prosecco while bambina whitters on and hound snores.

have also fitted an 80 to the front of the S3 - looks well good. will fit rear tomorrow and post piccie and views on superzero bar and stem combo as previously promised.

#lifeisgood.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I agree with that MF, bike ride definitely helps the back. Unfortunately have to drive in tomorrow. Drugs also help. So drugs and cycling go together, who’d have thunk?
  • step83
    sungod wrote:
    they sound incompetent

there's an led on each shifter paddle, if it flashes green on a shift the battery is fine, fwiw mine are still ok after > 2 years (as are all the other etap bits)

several reports of rd failures seemed to pop up around the same time, i'd assume a quality problem with a component has resulted in batches with increased chance of early failure

sram are upholding the finest traditions of customer service by not being open on the issue, by now they surely must have enough data to at least publish serial number ranges of iffy units and allow dealers to quickly swap out failed ones without hassle

Yeah, I ended up knocking off early and going to one the other side of town, their attitude was much better, bike was in the boot anyway in case they wanted to look at it. Which they did, serial number noted fault been raised as intermittent, they guy said its pretty straight cut, they will just replace it as it is a known fault. Just need to wait for a call to come in an exchange it..

Guess thats the difference between a chain Vs an independent
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    they sound incompetent

Yeah, I ended up knocking off early and going to one the other side of town, their attitude was much better, bike was in the boot anyway in case they wanted to look at it. Which they did, serial number noted fault been raised as intermittent, they guy said its pretty straight cut, they will just replace it as it is a known fault. Just need to wait for a call to come in an exchange it..

Guess thats the difference between a chain Vs an independent

just go and burn the first one down to teach them a lesson. and when its rebuilt, burn it down again.

#simples

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I agree with that MF, bike ride definitely helps the back. Unfortunately have to drive in tomorrow. Drugs also help. So drugs and cycling go together, who’d have thunk?

#shocker

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    just been for a lovely trundle around the lanes with the bambini. really nice.

drugs 'n booze now kicking in.

#nice

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Tonight's lunacy. Accompanied by full brass band.

20190416-215518.jpg
  • step83
    Hoppy, RUN!

Matt, don't tempt me, total cock wombles
  • hopkinb
    S'ok, jeebus and his mum turned up.

20190416-221901.jpg
    20190416-220632.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    hopkinb wrote:
    Tonight's lunacy. Accompanied by full brass band.

20190416-215518.jpg
    All they need is some burning crosses and you're in the Deep South.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    trump's birthday party

#trumpisabellend

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    prosecco, white wine, biltong, sheeet loads of drugs, corner gas.

#rockin'
    #can'tfeelmyfeet
    #whoneedsfeet?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Bizarrely, or not, when jeebus and Mary were at a standstill in the square, this old bird broke into what sounded just like the adhan. The same tonal quality, the same sense of being a long way from home. Hundreds of people silently listening. Utterly delighted to have been a part of it.