Long sleeve summer weight jersey

iron-clover
iron-clover Posts: 737
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
Does anyone know of any long sleeve but not insulated jerseys?
I have one from my old uni cycling club that I find I use an awful lot as the seasons change as it keeps me just warm enough but I don't get very sweaty and clammy if I were wearing a full length base-layer instead.
Unfortunately I find if I wear 'normal' long sleeved jerseys with the brushed fabric inside I tend to overheat on all but proper winter conditions, especially as I don't like the feeling of the brushed fabric that much so always have at least a short sleeve base layer underneath.

I know I could just wear a summer jersey with arm warmers, but the lightweight long sleeved jersey is so much more comfortable than wearing arm warmers. Unfortunately it was made by a brand that only makes custom kit.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I have a Castelli Prologo long sleeve that gets a lot of use. Same breathable fabric as the summer short sleeve version, and a really nice fit on me.
    castelli-prologo-4-long-sleeve-jersey-black-turbulence-white-EV2.jpgBefore that I had a Mavic HC long sleeve jersey, effectively same thing (breathable aero mesh body, very thin lycra arms) but colour didn't match my bike when I upgraded so passed it onto my son who continues to wear it most weather's. Also have a Morvelo thermoactive long sleeve which is thicker, but still wouldn't describe it as a winter jersey.
    11922870-9684627075276239.jpg
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/madison_ro ... 8-ID_74816
    I recently got one of these which would fit the bill for you. Sportpursuit had them better than half price last week.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Ale piuma for me, stunning quality and fit - for me anyway.
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/ale-piuma-long-sleeve-jersey/

Same quality but not quite as tailored a fit are Pactimo, if you get lucky with sales and discount codes, they almost give them away.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Ornot make some great stuff. On the pricey side but very good quality. They have UK and US online shops.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    oxoman wrote:
    Funnier do non thermal ones in various fits, I have both thermal and non thermal and can't really complain about them.

Funkier...........?

I have a couple of their jerseys, long and short sleeve, but neither thin variants specifically, and find them very good value for money, especially if you get lucky in a sale.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mike cb
    mike cb Posts: 7
    118112136-fenniri-s-2.jpg

Monton Sports got some good stuff.
  • jif1969
    jif1969 Posts: 29
    Rapha pro team aero for me, they usually seem to end up around half price in the sale
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Or a pair of lightweight armwarmers to go with your ss summer jersey?
  • scotthunter
    scotthunter Posts: 140
    I use a Rab Kinetic Plus waterproof soft shell. It is designed for hill walking but is light and breathable enough to be used for cycling and packs away to almost nothing, although it has no back pockets. Great bit of kit.
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    Cheers for the recommendations everyone. I'm glad there are a few options out there!
  • coops1967
    coops1967 Posts: 99
    I'll just copy my reply to a query about arm sleeves...

Go to DeSoto website, or amazon etc...

they do short sleeved jerseys - the 'skin cooler' are the ones... but for seriously sunny conditions, and a hatred of sticky sun lotions .. get the long sleeved top- it's for 'triathlons' but don't let that put you off.

Long sleeves in the skin cooler material, pockets in the back (in a vertical arrangement, but that's ok) and yes... there's no zip.

'tis great - so says this Bangkok living person currenlty in 38degC or so and plenty of humidity.

The skin cooler beanie is worth getting while you're buying - rivers of sweat dripping into contact lensed eyes is not pleasant.

https://www.desotosport.com/collections ... sleeve-top

LSSC_White_Front_02_1024x1024.jpg?v=1552339647

ps the bib shorts are great too, the '400 mile' ones do what they say on the tin and the Fli bib has a handy fly for easy peeing :D

pps they do do arm sleeves only -
    https://www.desotosport.com/collections ... -cooler-90
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Not cheap but I love my Ashmei LS classic jersey. Very lightweight merino that seems to work across a broad range of temperatures.

Keep an eye out for their end of season sales. 50-60% off not unusual