Calibre bikes

hexbugspider
hexbugspider Posts: 38
edited April 2019 in MTB beginners
So I'm looking to buy my first mountain bike and my budget is £500. The options from calibre are the calibre two cubed, rake or line 20. Apparently, the rake is good but hasn't got a tapered headset. The Line 20 is decent with 2x drivetrain and air fork. However, some people have been saying that the latest calibre two cubed now comes with upgraded tires and a better fork but the website has not been updated yet. Which should I go for?

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Why are limited to Calibre, I'd be looking at a Vitus Nucleus 275 VR for that money.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    hexbugspider - I don't want to come across as negative, but you have been asking about what bike to buy for nearly a year and keep getting the same answers. You really need to just make a decision and buy a bike.
    Line 20 or Vitus Nucleus 275 VR get my vote although you may struggle to get the Vitus as sizes seem limited at the moment.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Yeah, I know :(

It's just beceause i've been saving up for a while and don't want my money to go to waste. I'll just get whatever and stop annoying you guys.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Your money won't be wasted on either of those bikes.

Buy it

Ride it

Have fun.

Simples.
    "Ride, crash, replace"