monday beyond the edge of the observable universe

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, dentist, go shopping, maybe wfh, art deco evening, rivoli bar for cocktails, then le caprice, see what that does for my blood chemistry
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, white over here this morning,
    Have a good week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

What does an art deco evening involve?

Going for a spin to work to check the bike still works. Woke up to the news that there's been another hit and run involving a cyclist (and car) on my route :(
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Perfect Art Deco evening must involve looking at colnago’s?

Nice windy walk with the hound and now waiting for the wife to make a decent pig based breakfast. Out to the beach for a play and nice lunch. Later is the holiday local
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Bit chilly out there again, surely it needs to get warmer now. Busy weekend of being out quite a lot and not doing DIY has resulted in my back being very broken today, that's not right. It could have been the two smallish children wanting to be picked up yesterday. Pesky kids, grumpy teenagers are so much easier.
    Was up in the big smoke with wife's nephew and his lot, passed by what must be SG's favourite pub.
    140607_pineapple.jpg
    A fairly normal Monday here, should probably do some work now. Very glad it's a short week.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mooching. Jamon. Manzanilla. That sort of thing.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:
    Perfect Art Deco evening must involve looking at colnago’s?

In the De La War Pavilion (Bexhill) whilst dancing the Charleston. Surely.

Very windy here today. Although tomorrow is sorted, today I need toots activity ideas.
    Must make some phone calls, if I get some peace.

Please check that MF is not in your loft.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

slightly warmer than all weekend, hopefully the upward trend on the mercury continues.

If MF is in his loft surely he can just "escape" by standing between the joists?

Also, Pinno, no car washing over the weekend, Pressure washer decided all water should come out the casing for the pressure washer an not the lance, so that was interesting.

No1 bike is being a pain leccy shifting playing up for some reason so No2 is being promoted for now, have a force groupset lurking ill probably chuck on, this 1X business is no fun on long rides.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    As this silly running malarkey has now been put to bed I decided that today was the day I start my regular training loop in the morning. 35km with 500m of climbing so nothing major.

Got the clothing wrong, stuck my head out the door at 6.30 and dressed appropriately, got to the top of the big climb and was freezing, well just above as Garmin says + 0.3 degrees.

Legs were aching, I was sluggish, dragged up the hills and shivered down the descent. Average speed was down massively from this time last year, HR was most likely higher than normal.

Did I enjoy it? ****ing right I did!

Carpet fitters turned up unannounced this morning, not ready for them so it's all hands to the pump tonight to finish in time for them making a second appearance on Wednesday. Other than that, I might go to bed early so I can ride again tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    art deco bar and restaurant, flappers, bubbly etc., accompanied by mrs s and her girlie friends
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    As this silly running malarkey has now been put to bed I decided that today was the day I start my regular training loop in the morning. 35km with 500m of climbing so nothing major.

Got the clothing wrong, stuck my head out the door at 6.30 and dressed appropriately, got to the top of the big climb and was freezing, well just above as Garmin says + 0.3 degrees.

Legs were aching, I was sluggish, dragged up the hills and shivered down the descent. Average speed was down massively from this time last year, HR was most likely higher than normal.

Did I enjoy it? ****ing right I did!
    Yep running sucks. Next up, ditch the Garmin and don't give a flyer about ride times: I reckon it's more fun that way.

Rode into work this morning - I'm sure I was a bit faster than usual as the half term traffic wasn't too bad and I'd taken the mudguards off the bike. Quiet in work as well for a change as the top brass are off on some jolly, so time to catch up on stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    bambina just fell into a lightbulb display at B&Q

#pissedmyselflaughing
    #comedyjoy
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    bambina just fell into a lightbulb display at B&Q

#pissedmyselflaughing
    #comedyjoy
    Sounds like Clarkson the other day in the toblerones: https://www.facebook.com/thegrandtour/v ... 232819669/ (can't find the clip anywhere other than Facebook).
  • sungod
    there're a couple of pineapple pubs, that one allegedly was the site of a rozzers' orgy a few years ago, see what i mean about south of the river
  • homers_double
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    blah blah blah...
    Yep running sucks. Next up, ditch the Garmin and don't give a flyer about ride times: I reckon it's more fun that way.

Ha, I didn't bother to obsess over the data as I was just cold and almost dead.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    blah blah blah...

Ha, I didn't bother to obsess over the data as I was just cold and almost dead.
    Have to admit I obsess about the data - that’s the inner geek not being so inner
  • homers_double
    No point having a Garmin if you're not going to read into what it spits out, however today was just a lost cause.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Garmin - bin it.

You see SG' South of the river might be a bit spit 'n' sawdust for you but there's more fun to be had.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    The ride home was a bit slower than the ride in as I had to navigate past herds of hippies and scruffy tw@ts who were protesting against climate change by blocking Waterloo Bridge. They weren't very friendly: a couple of them scowled at me when I smiled and pointed out what a lovely cold day it was :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The ride home was a bit slower than the ride in as I had to navigate past herds of hippies and scruffy tw@ts who were protesting against climate change by blocking Waterloo Bridge. They weren't very friendly: a couple of them scowled at me when I smiled and pointed out what a lovely cold day it was :)
    You'd think they'd be giving cyclists a guard of honour.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You'd think they'd be giving cyclists a guard of honour.
    Too bloody right, I expected a bit Wayne's World 'We are not worthy'. Mind you, I think a lot of them were too far off their t1ts on weed to do that.