Ronde van Vlaanderen 2019 ***spoilers***

15678911»

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Just catching up with the Cycling Podcast analysis of the race and I think they've called it completely wrong. Bettiol put in a searing attack at one of the key climbs and got a gap over the favourites. He didn't escape quietly in a lull in the action or was aided by a crash amongst the favourites.

The reason they didn't catch him on the run in was because they wouldn't work together, but that always happens regardless of who is up the road.

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Just catching up with the Cycling Podcast analysis of the race and I think they've called it completely wrong. Bettiol put in a searing attack at one of the key climbs and got a gap over the favourites. He didn't escape quietly in a lull in the action or was aided by a crash amongst the favourites.

The reason they didn't catch him on the run in was because they wouldn't work together, but that always happens regardless of who is up the road.

They dont like it when it doesn’t go to plan. I do though, it’s one of the best things in sport when a disregarded underdog beats the big guns.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Yeah, I thought their interpretation was wrong, it wasn't the race I was watching anyway. Bettiol did a big attack and subsequently all the riders inc GVA have said they were not able to follow.

However we are all entitled to our opinions I suppose. I don't think they said that just because they didnt like a non favourite winning, that's not a normal thing for them.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,568
    Keisse calling sky tactics out for racing to the front of climbs and then blocking it up from 120-60km out.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    Keisse calling sky tactics out for racing to the front of climbs and then blocking it up from 120-60km out.

That's cos they're knackered once they get there. Every year they tow the field around in the early to mid stages then disappear when it matters. They should've learned by now that it doesn't work for them.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago