Canyon discount code

davidw007
davidw007 Posts: 37
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Not sure if this will work for everyone but I just received a 5% off code from Canyon which I'm not going to use:
N3XTORD3R5
Seems to be a generic code so should work for everyone.
Says it expires on 15 April and only available on full price items.
Hopefully it will be of use to someone!

Comments

• froze
    froze Posts: 203
    Canyon has horrible customer service and warranty service.
  • DavidW007 wrote:
    Not sure if this will work for everyone but I just received a 5% off code from Canyon which I'm not going to use:
    N3XTORD3R5

Thanks for posting, a few days ago i ordered a new bike for delivery in August, i contacted Canyon via live chat, gave them the code and they applied it to my order, saved me nearly £300.

Thanks again :D
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Thanks for posting, a few days ago i ordered a new bike for delivery in August, i contacted Canyon via live chat, gave them the code and they applied it to my order, saved me nearly £300.

So your bike, or bikes amounted to nearly £6000?

I don't own a Canyon, and service my own bikes, but found out from a keen cyclist who came to fit my garage door, that all of the local bike shops won't touch Canyon bikes, and therefore potentially Rose bikes - apparently down to the fact they are sold purely online.

Just mentioning it as it wasn't something that had occurred to me.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

I don't own a Canyon, and service my own bikes, but found out from a keen cyclist who came to fit my garage door, that all of the local bike shops won't touch Canyon bikes, and therefore potentially Rose bikes - apparently down to the fact they are sold purely online.

Wow. So it's ok to buy a heavily discounted bike online from a big retailer that they couldn't possibly price match but not an online only bike that they could make money on by servicing and fixing?

Any LBS that said this to me would get blacklisted for life, regardless of what bike I had.
  • Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Yeah, order an ultimate with the latest SRAM ETAP AXS (around £5,700), i've got a great LBS who would be more than happy to service the Canyon, so not an issue for me.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Well that's pretty stupid and shortsighted then isn't it?

And you wonder why your local LBS is shunned and going out of business.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Wow. So it's ok to buy a heavily discounted bike online from a big retailer that they couldn't possibly price match but not an online only bike that they could make money on by servicing and fixing?

Any LBS that said this to me would get blacklisted for life, regardless of what bike I had.

Precisely. Your builder is chatting shyte. I can't think of any time when a bike shop turned away business because of where the bike came from.
  • Matthewfalle
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Exactly as CM said.

I once popped into an LBS that I had used loads before for both buying bikes and bits and bobs to ask if they had any old wheel boxes/bike boxes as I needed to post some wheels. They immediately went aggressive/defensive and said no because - why should they support returning something to an internet supplier when it hadn't been bought from them.

I explained that no, I wasn't intending to return anything - I had sold the wheels to some dude and wanted to post them to him and if that was helpful as they were going to be to a returning customer they could do one from now on.

They are now out of business.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Precisely. Your builder is chatting shyte. I can't think of any time when a bike shop turned away business because of where the bike came from.

No he's really not SB, he rides with the owner of the first shop, and states it as fact, and named another one local to me that has the same policy.

I was surprised it has to be said.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Exactly as CM said.

I once popped into an LBS that I had used loads before for both buying bikes and bits and bobs to ask if they had any old wheel boxes/bike boxes as I needed to post some wheels. They immediately went aggressive/defensive and said no because - why should they support returning something to an internet supplier when it hadn't been bought from them.

I explained that no, I wasn't intending to return anything - I had sold the wheels to some dude and wanted to post them to him and if that was helpful as they were going to be to a returning customer they could do one from now on.

I went into a LBS and did similar except it was for bike boxes to post a surfboard I'd sold. (Bike boxes ideal for surfboard packing). Anyway, this one was glad to help and I had boxes for free as expected. However, if they had given the line of "no because internet" etc I'd have done likewise and not used them again.

On the subject of Canyon, I bought one of my bikes from them and arrived within one week of ordering in perfect condition. Yes they have had issues with delivery times but when I ordered in June 2017 was no problem.
  • Matthewfalle
    Daniel B wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

No he's really not SB, he rides with the owner of the first shop, and states it as fact, and named another one local to me that has the same policy.

I was surprised it has to be said.

then he's a mug for dealing with them and they mugs for turning down the business that actually makes shops money.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Exactly as CM said.

LOL, Buckingham Bikes?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

That's a grown up way to run a business. Real long-term vision.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Matthewfalle
    SecretSam wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Exactly as CM said.

LOL, Buckingham Bikes?

maybe, maybe not :D

ne'er polite to gloat :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    SecretSam wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    DavidW007 wrote:
    N3XTORD3R5

Exactly as CM said.

LOL, Buckingham Bikes?

maybe, maybe not :D

ne'er polite to gloat :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I went into my LBS once and left a deposit on a new bike, the LBS owner wasn't too impressed.
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    I had a similar experience with my LBS, that ive spend lots of money to buy from him my shiny road bike. I took there for service my MTB, that i am using on like 15% of my rides, so i bought it 2nd hand. I did the mistake to tell him that i like that bike a lot, and it fits me perfectly. He found several reasons that it wasnt good, and he was trying to compare it with bikes that he sells with shitty specs, entry level MTB's.

Guess what. It was the last time that he saw me on his shop, for both bikes.