Convert to remote lockout?

Richard.S
Richard.S Posts: 55
edited April 2019 in MTB beginners
Hi,
I purchased these forks:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I have seen remote lockout levers for purchase, but not the actual caps which the cable attaches to at the other end.

Does anyone know if these forks can have the cap swapped over for a remote lockout version?

Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    It’s not just a matter of changing the ‘cap’. The internal spool also needs to be changed.

Why do you want remote lock out though? It’s not hard to reach down and turn the lock.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Richard.S
    Richard.S Posts: 55
    Yes, I was referring to the cap and the internal mechanism. I have no idea how to find out if it is possible or not.

I know it’s not hard to reach down, but still easier from the handlebars :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You have to change the complete damper assembly, its not difficult (it just unscrews out the top) but whether its even available for those forks I've no idea.

Loving the Chinglish... "Positive and negative chamber separate cheer up. Cheer up the pressure in accordance with personal weight." Erm, cheered me up.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sparquin
    sparquin Posts: 69
    One less cable, one less thing on the handlebar, one less thing to break. And for a fork weighing 1.99Kg, you don't need the extra weight. I've tried both and the fork cap seems much easier.