edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, haggle with cousins, bail

ulez is ultra low emission zone? such a let down
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, on my way to work in a few minutes, I have just heard on the news about the extra £12.50 for certain vehicles entering the London congestion charge area , is it worth it ?
    Have a good week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    I have just heard on the news about the extra £12.50 for certain vehicles entering the London congestion charge area , is it worth it ?
    Construction trucks will probably just pass the cost onto the client (can you get ULEZ concrete mixers?) and other deliveries will get transferred to smaller vans outside the zone meaning more vehicles? We'll see. Doesn't affect me anyway.
    I'm doing my bit by getting the train today. Feeling tired and lazy so no bikes/running and got booted out of the shower this morning because someone was touching cloth.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

ULEZ rubbish means I cant go into Central London, no great shame anyway I generally avoid there.

Legs have deceased did 165k yesterday, cold felt horrid suffering today walked into work in the fog, bleugh sums the day up.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    ULEZ won’t bother me when I visit the bad lands of Hayes on Thursday!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Grey and miserable out there, had to drive in so not a problem. Traffic not bad as schools are off now, ULEZ won't affect me as I never drive into London and it seems the car is allowed in anyway even if I wanted to.
    Nothing exciting going on, might have to start causing trouble.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Step83 wrote:
    ULEZ rubbish means I cant go into Central London, no great shame anyway I generally avoid there.
    +1.

I was forced to sell my trusty old diesel and buy my current ULEZ compliant car so that I could be an environmentally responsible citizen :D

Afternoon Peeps, perfect storm of year end, acquisition deals and tax litigation crap today. On the good side, Stropteen passed her driving test and we're out tonight for dinner to celebrate. On the downside I'm a few hundred quid down on account of the upped insurance premium and have even less time to do all the shizzle at work. I predict a delegation storm this afternoon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Grey and miserable out there, had to drive in so not a problem. Traffic not bad as schools are off now, ULEZ won't affect me as I never drive into London and it seems the car is allowed in anyway even if I wanted to.
    Nothing exciting going on, might have to start causing trouble.

Causing trouble is a good plan.

Weird old day, still misty/foggy so looks set in for the rest of the day.

ULEZ wise, surely we should embrace the reason the forum exists and cycle? I mean we may die from a lorry or bus but means we get a protest an some flowers left in memory.

Anyway seems theres some "proper" flu going round the office so I think ill have to work from home for the next month.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Step83 wrote:
    ULEZ wise, surely we should embrace the reason the forum exists and cycle?.
    Too many traffic fumes for that kind of nonsense.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    ULEZ wise, surely we should embrace the reason the forum exists and cycle?.
    Too many traffic fumes for that kind of nonsense.

Good point, only sensible solution is to drive then, use the cabin filter to protect yourself
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2019
    Now knocking back a large G&T before the girls get the restaurant (I went there straight off the train from work and they're late - what a surprise). Stropteen can't drink yet so its kid's taxi tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Congestion charge just gives me an excuse not to visit the big smoke. Suspect my old dirty diesel and current car are compliant but CBA to drive in London anyway.
    Oxo, the congestion charge zone is pretty small so you can just park outside and tune it in. I sometimes drive to work in NW1 from the SE London burbs and just go round the edge.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    oh ffs, now you're all talking about cars, get with it, start video at 2:00

https://topgear.nl/video/s11-e04-c03-fi ... silverton/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Cloudless sky, 17 degrees!

Took the Toots +1 to the park.
    On the way back, Tricky notices a silver haired woman in a wheelchair being pushed up ramps and into the back of a people carrier (of some French denomination*).

She says: "Why are they putting Grandma in the boot?". Fair enough really.

So, family day today. Couldn't beat it. Now i'm sat here stuffed full of food and cocoa.

Laters.

* It came to me: Berlingo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    oh ffs, now you're all talking about cars, get with it, start video at 2:00

https://topgear.nl/video/s11-e04-c03-fi ... silverton/
    Fast cars and lesbians. Mmmm.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Step83 wrote:
    ULEZ wise, surely we should embrace the reason the forum exists and cycle? I mean we may die from a lorry or bus but means we get a protest an some flowers left in memory.
    If anybody cares enough you could get a White Bicycle. You probably won't enjoy it as much as the protagonist in the song though.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    tonight was 500mg co-codamol and herbal tea.

#timeforbed
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Co-codamol is for pussies.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!