Pete Kennaugh

Comments

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,592
    I thought he’d turned a corner last season but seems not. Hope he finds contentment as soon as he can. Briefly met him a couple of times and he was a real nice guy. So cool on a bike too.

Get well soon, lil’ Pete.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    Some of the bravest riders in the sport have been the likes of Campbell Flakemore, Rasmus Guldhammer, Alex Peters, Oskar Svendsen and Adrien Costa who had bags of talent (and were mostly overhyped as juniors) but turned their back on the sport because the life wasn't for them

I do wonder about juniors who are overhyped, as Kennaugh was, that then don't go on to be superstars and how it effects them mentally.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    I dont think he was overhyped. He achieved a lot even in Sky which is a team for achievement but depression comes in many guises. Is it about expectations/achievement or something else. Wiggins is famous for his love/hate of cycling but everyone handles the life differently. Pantani/Ullrich vs Armstrong is a classic example. Armstrong has never buckled under the pressure whether in cycling or court (at least not in public)
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,067
    Nice video from Wahoo. Sounds like he is in a better place now. Even sounds like he’s missing racing a little.

https://youtu.be/jxLyL0L-Wm8

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,576
    edited November 2021
    red.rider said:

Nice video from Wahoo. Sounds like he is in a better place now. Even sounds like he’s missing racing a little.

https://youtu.be/jxLyL0L-Wm8

Cracking watch, thankyou for posting - well worth 16 minutes of anyones time, fond memories of his Velodrome outings, as well as out on the world tour.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18