Awesome. Should be there by 7pm.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    edited April 2019
    A good chance I can make this, though I am doubtful on pub choice over the Albion. It may be I get home, into civies and back on the pub bike (I can't be arsed to ride the cargo bike just to cart you lot around Kingston pubs). Only thing on that night is meaning to pop by @smokey bacon to pick up a saddle unless he plans to come to the pub as well?

Meet you at the pub then. Sounds like a much better plan to me. I'll probably be there around half 6.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Would have popped along but sadly the wife is out tomorrow.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Since I have a bus door to door, unlikely ride, though will fit the new tyre tomorrow or later today so the commute beastie is back on the road!

I’ll aim for 6:30 Ish
  • rhodrich
    rhodrich Posts: 867
    I'll be popping in on the way home from work, so will be in usual lycra I'm afraid. I may ask to borrow someone's lock, as I've stupidly not brought one with me.....
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Rhodrich wrote:
    I'll be popping in on the way home from work, so will be in usual lycra I'm afraid. I may ask to borrow someone's lock, as I've stupidly not brought one with me.....

Do you want to leave it at my house?

EDIT: I can bring a lock if that's easier.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'll try to bring a lock along as well in case anyone is in need. I'll also try to remember to wear my Ale Verona jersey to make me easily distinguishable to anyone that doesn't know the rest of us.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    I am here, I am tall, dark and handsome. Cept for the dark and handsome bit. I'm an old man with grey hair nursing a pint at the bar
    FCN = 4
  • roger_merriman
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    I am here, I am tall, dark and handsome. Cept for the dark and handsome bit. I'm an old man with grey hair nursing a pint at the bar

dark jacket green trousers Hairy! Be 15mins depending on traffic gods.

I think my avatar is a photo? Still
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    pics or it didnt happen
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    It happened. Very enjoyable. You missed out on a lot, fella: we chatted about those crazy days when you were a crash test dummy, crashing into stuff on Embankment, injuring your shoulders and/or knees and stuff.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mtb-idle
    itboffin wrote:
    pics or it didnt happen

Canbury Arms
    FCN = 4
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    cjcp wrote:
    It happened. Very enjoyable. You missed out on a lot, fella: we chatted about those crazy days when you were a crash test dummy, crashing into stuff on Embankment, injuring your shoulders and/or knees and stuff.

Me! Crash? Never

:roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • smokey_bacon
    Very enjoyable indeed. Great to meet you all.
  • veronese68
    That was fun, must do it again some time. I like ABFG's idea of riding to the pub in Surrey for a beer when it gets warmer.
  • rhodrich
    Great to meet those of you I hadn't met before yesterday, and great to catch up with those who I had! We must do this again some time (perhaps at the Norbiton beer garden when things have warmed up a bit.....)
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • Lovely chance to catch up with those I know and those I didn't. I did spot MTB Idle fueling up for Flanders in Fiveguys as I left it, hope the trip goes well.

As for my summer pub idea, it would be the Royal Oak in Holbury St Mary, subject to Big Smoke having it up and running, maybe congregate 6:15ish on 20 June in Richmond Park before riding down and bimbling back in the twilight?
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • smokey_bacon
    As for my summer pub idea, it would be the Royal Oak in Holbury St Mary, subject to Big Smoke having it up and running, maybe congregate 6:15ish on 20 June in Richmond Park before riding down and bimbling back in the twilight?

I'm well up for this plan.
  • mtb-idle
    Lovely chance to catch up with those I know and those I didn't. I did spot MTB Idle fueling up for Flanders in Fiveguys as I left it, hope the trip goes well.

Busted! :x

My mate wanted to drop his bike off late last night so I said come and pick me upon Kingston and take me home and so i dropped in there while I was waiting.

Didn't know there was a Five Guys in Kingston, winning!

Great to meet you all, chapeau to Roger who looks most like his avatar. I knew instantly as he walked in who he was.
    FCN = 4
  • MTB-Idle wrote:

The only issue is that you have to ride against the traffic through the bus station to get there if coming from the Canbury Arms...
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • dizzydane
    dizzydane Posts: 322
    Great evening and good too see everyone! Nice to see old faces and put profiles to new.

20th is in the diary. :D
  • roger_merriman
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Lovely chance to catch up with those I know and those I didn't. I did spot MTB Idle fueling up for Flanders in Fiveguys as I left it, hope the trip goes well.

Busted! :x

My mate wanted to drop his bike off late last night so I said come and pick me upon Kingston and take me home and so i dropped in there while I was waiting.

Great to meet you all, chapeau to Roger who looks most like his avatar. I knew instantly as he walked in who he was.

Ironically even though I had met a few I think before, didn’t recognise anyone bar Veronese68 which I guess is pre bump memory, but that’s new normal now!

Great to see folks, and love the idea of the summer ride out, enjoy those cobbles with DizzyDane
  • dizzydane
    BUMP: Sorry this wasn't confirmed. But I remembered the date :) Will leave you guys to discuss...
  • veronese68
    I'd almost entirely forgotten about this. I'm game, as if there was any doubting it. Is the pub up and running ABFG? If not shall we go to RP and then have a drink outside the Roebuck or in Kingston?
  • MEET: Outside the Ballet School in RP
    PUB: The Royal Oak
    ROUTE: TBC to be honest, Kingston, Surbo, Esher, Cobham, Hungry Hill, Gomshall, Abinger Hammer, Holbury St Mary, Pub
  • rhodrich
    Ooh! Very tempting! Hopefully, I should be able to get a wifely pass out. Presuming we'll be doing Leith and Whitedown on the way back? :D
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • smokey_bacon
    Sign me up!
  • dizzydane
    MEET: Outside the Ballet School in RP
    PUB: The Royal Oak
    ROUTE: TBC to be honest, Kingston, Surbo, Esher, Cobham, Hungry Hill, Gomshall, Abinger Hammer, Holbury St Mary, Pub
    And MTB-Idle no doubt, will be following with his camera... :)
  • cjcp
    I won't be able to get there for 6.15, unfortunately, and have to carry a laptop home on Thursdays, and there is a less than zero chance I'm carrying a laptop around the Surrey hills!!

However, I could try and catch you up depending on what pace you plan on going.

Paging @JonGinge
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • veronese68
    You and JG should catch me by Surbiton