Eurosport Player Deal

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited April 2019 in Pro race
https://promo-gb.eurosportplayer.com/pr ... l-20190307

If you have a dormant Eurosport account , it should work.

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    Does the player have all the races as VOD's to watch later?

Edit: it seems it does. Now I just wonder if it works for me from Germany as well or if I will get screwed by some geotagging nonsense.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • jgsi
    It has got a lot better for watching on demand...
    I dont see why your account shouldnt work from Germany -
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    Much appreciated, I've been looking for this. Base price has gone up 33% over the last couple of years.
    I cracked on Saturday and signed up for monthly, but this still saves me a bit if I re-sign with a different account.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,576
    I use ES player a lot whilst I am on the turbo - primarily for demand.

My biggest frustration is that a lot of the replays they show, are devoid of commentary.
    They clearly have two feeds, with and without commentary, and for some bizarre reason, quite often put the non commentary one up :roll:

In that instance I switch over to more dubious ways of watching it WITH commentary, but don't personally feel guilty about it, as I feel like I have already paid for it, and if i had watched it live would have heard the same commentary - bit frustrating and perplexing though.

Re deals - I nabbed the £1.99 one they had black friday 2017, and before Christmas this year picked up another £19.99 deal they had - well worth it at that much, and it has gotten a lot more reliable.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Mad_Malx
    Daniel B wrote:
    My biggest frustration is that a lot of the replays they show, are devoid of commentary.
    They clearly have two feeds, with and without commentary, and for some bizarre reason, quite often put the non commentary one up :roll:

It's a reverse swear filter - to stop us swearing at Carlton.
  • jgsi
    It is always worth having a dummy account set up .. especially when Black Friday approaches, to get the email alerts targeted at potential customers.
  • daniel_b
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:

It's a reverse swear filter - to stop us swearing at Carlton.

:lol:

I concur with that, but a lot of the ones this year so far have been the Hatch who I really like, and or Matt Stephens who I think has really matured as a commentator. Like the Magnus (?) chap too.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    JGSI wrote:
    It has got a lot better for watching on demand...
    I dont see why your account shouldnt work from Germany -
    Because there is a German version sold at a higher price (4.99 Euros per month). Figure they will not let me buy the UK version and use it from Germany (though I would also much rather prefer the English commentary excluding Kirby).
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Mad_Malx
    IIRC if you have a uk subscription you get the version of the country you are in when you travel.
  • daniel_b
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    IIRC if you have a uk subscription you get the version of the country you are in when you travel.

This is correct. You'd need a vpn tool to work around this.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,432
    That's what I've normally found, however when I was in Spain in Feb I had English commentary of my Eurosport feed.
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    It used to be the case, but it's slightly different now. At present with a uk subscription travelling to eu countries, you still access the uk version. Outside of the eu, you access the version of the country you're in.
  • Anyone received any offers from ES ahead of Flanders this week? Missed out on the 50% deal a few weeks back...would prefer not to have to shell out £40 (or £10 for the month) if I can avoid it.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I fell victim to their no commentary MSR highlights last night. God cycling is dull without commentary.
  • daniel_b
    cougie wrote:
    I fell victim to their no commentary MSR highlights last night. God cycling is dull without commentary.

Indeed, I am currently catching up on Volta a catalunya whilst I turbo in the garage, and frustratingly the only option for stage 3 I think it was (Where Quintana, Lopex, Bernal, Yates & someone else were out in front) was one with zero commentary :-(

I'd even take Kirby in those circumstances.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Daniel B wrote:
    cougie wrote:

Indeed, I am currently catching up on Volta a catalunya whilst I turbo in the garage, and frustratingly the only option for stage 3 I think it was (Where Quintana, Lopex, Bernal, Yates & someone else were out in front) was one with zero commentary :-(

I don't need the commentary on the turbo - need loud music!!

Also watching bike racing without commentary is good for you, helps you call the race yourself...
  • daniel_b
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    cougie wrote:

I don't need the commentary on the turbo - need loud music!!

Also watching bike racing without commentary is good for you, helps you call the race yourself...

I wouldn't be able to call anything (apart from the odd expletive perhaps) when slogging through some over unders though :lol:

Generally wouldn't have the option for loud music, as turbo in the garage (won't wear earphones) , and usually at 05:30/06:00 start times.
    My 5 year old, and my neighbours 1 year old would likely kick up a stink :roll:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Christ, too early for me! The best I can cope with early is easy rides, so yeah commentary would probably be helpful in that case.

I use bluetooth in-ear headphones and I find this helps me actually hear what I'm watching over the fan and turbo itself. Big improvement. I couldn't do hard workouts without music, myself. I would like a quieter turbo though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,568
    There’s 70% off NordVPN if anyone likes foreign TV....
  • daniel_b
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Christ, too early for me! The best I can cope with early is easy rides, so yeah commentary would probably be helpful in that case.

I use bluetooth in-ear headphones and I find this helps me actually hear what I'm watching over the fan and turbo itself. Big improvement. I couldn't do hard workouts without music, myself. I would like a quieter turbo though.

Too early for me usually too, but there we go.
    Willpower and a strong coffee are essential contributors if it is to occur.
    Success rate probably 90%.

I have a quiet turbo fortunately, and my 18" floor fan is the noisiest part of the equation.
    I use a modest Bluetooth speaker connected to my aging large screen laptop, and that's plenty loud enough (for commentary or stuff off iplayer/all4 etc) to be audible above the fan.
    Having used a wheel on Elite trainer, I know what you mean regarding noisy turbos!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18