thursday and the half eaten chocolate coated ex-nun

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

much coffee and arm waving, plot with euchappess et alia, later i shall explain to barking gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc the cost of being barking, pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, winter is back, hail frost cold winds what next?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    fog in channel, continent cut off
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not nice in Shropshire and looks like my ride back from Chester may be a few hours of suffer
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:

What continent? I cant see if, just fog...

Same as TLW, sunny here, bit of frost made the pedal in a bit interesting I can hear a broken printer clanking away in the background so awaiting someone to ask me whats wrong with it.

Finish work then try an do some zwifting had zero energy this week so we will see how that goes!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not nice in Shropshire and looks like my ride back from Chester may be a few hours of suffer
    It's lovely north of Oswestry at the moment :D . Forecast was saying rain/heavy snow this morning so it might also be wrong for this evening.

Went for a run this morning, managed to get wet. Seems to have sorted out my hamstring for a few hours though :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod wrote:

Post Brexit metaphor?

It's calm here. I guess you lot are getting lots of what we lot got yesterday.

I think more coffee is needed before I can think.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Morning bimbos. Happy HD is happy today, booked flights and car hire for a little cycling break in Italy with wifey and she's booked us all (not the BB crew) on a 4 night trip to Vegas!

And yesterdays site visit just reinforced what I already knew. Most people are plain stupid.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hurt my back so currently hiding in a cupboard to avoid work. i've got a bar stool and internet in here so can be as long as i want.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Bike boxes reserved! All systems are go...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional mild Thursday hangover is fading nicely. Another busy day here, nowt new there. I've had to put a few people back in their boxes whilst informing them they don't know half as much as they think they do.
    Bit fresh when riding in this morning, thankfully got here just before the heavens opened. Finally managed to place the order for the new bike stand that's being put in the warehouse, only another 4 weeks of carrying my bike up a spiral staircase then. Good job the bike's not too heavy.
    sungod wrote:
    barking gmc punter
    And yesterdays site visit just reinforced what I already knew. Most people are plain stupid.
    Punters are invariably barking and/or stupid, add to that the feeling of entitlement they get from the phrase "the customer's always right" and you have the answer to why I finally gave up on sales and moved to purchasing. Now I'm the entitled, barking simpleton making other people's lives a misery. :mrgreen:
  • Matthewfalle
    ventured out of my cupboard to get some crisps so have retreated back to my cupboard.

its nice in here. i may stay a bit longer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Punters are invariably barking and/or stupid, add to that the feeling of entitlement they get from the phrase "the customer's always right" and you have the answer to why I finally gave up on sales and moved to purchasing. Now I'm the entitled, barking simpleton making other people's lives a misery. :mrgreen:
    That phrase just isn't true. A few years ago the Inland Revenue started referring to larger taxpayers (companies, not fatties that is) as 'customers'. Do they treat us as if we're always right? Do they hell. Even though we usually are :)

Anyhow, year end crap on-going but jumping on a train this evening at 7 to head up to Redcar. Some f***wit arranged a 2 hr call at 6pm but it's only advisors so they can just get on with it and tell me the answer. I've got better things to do like raiding the drinks trolley on the train.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    the MFs have decided that they are going to marry Maddie Moate.

They love her. She is wonderful.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

All of you!? Poor thing would be worn out.
  • Stevo_666
    Now on a train speeding Northwards through flat bits of countryside. I saw the drinks trolley go past to start off at the front of the train, but he's taking his time coming back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... but he's taking his time coming back.

Just grab the f*cker.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

All of you!? Poor thing would be worn out.

she's so lovely. they all just want to follow her around and protect her from sh1tbags.

she's lovely. lovlier than dooley.

#freaks

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just grab the f*cker.
    It's alright, I stuck my leg out into the aisle to make sure the fecker couldn't get past without dishing out a red wine.
  • Matthewfalle
    but not as lovely as TDNFNATN. I'd smash her.

#labcoat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just grab the f*cker.
    It's alright, I stuck my leg out into the aisle to make sure the fecker couldn't get past without dishing out a red wine.

wine? ooooh, yes please.

have one for each of us.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just grab the f*cker.

wine? ooooh, yes please.

have one for each of us.
    There's plenty in the fridge when I get in :)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Home at last. Shyyyte.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Home at last. Shyyyte.
    Just year end crap or are they slave drivers?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just year end crap

Clearing out the most disgusting tax accounts I ever saw. Full of old rubbish in various currencies, with half-baked hedges attached.

I had the dubious pleasure of telling the CEO of our commodities business that I was writing off usd 750k of bollox assets in his cit and wht accounts. These guys are judged on post tax profit for some reason. He turned several shades of grey. Fcuk knows what my predecessors were up to.

Plus a puncture.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    These guys are judged on post tax profit for some reason.
    Generally not good. I don't like resourceful idiots trying to tax plan.