Synapse gravel tyre

bonoeuf
bonoeuf Posts: 2
edited March 2019 in Road general
Hi y'all, I have a 2016 Carbon Synapse and want to put a pair of gravelish tyres on it. Just for the disused railway lines and the odd fire trail etc, nothing too muddy and a bit of road thrown in. They cannot be wider than 32mm if the Cannondale web site is correct. Which tyre would suit my needs? anyone done this with success?

Comments

• chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    I’ve ridden my 2017 Synapse on similar surfaces on 28mm Pirelli P Zero 4S. No problems at all although it’s always been dry.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    WTB Exposures in 30 or 32mm. Gravel Kings in 28 or 32mm. If the Cannondale advice is accurate, might be better sticking to 28's or 30's
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    I rarely use anything wider than 28mm on my Genesis CdF for a road and canal path commute. I go wider for the very wet, boggy times of year, but I like to stick to a width that allows mudguards.