friday would you like to see, what violence these eyes can send, send, send, send, send

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,517
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another day another coffee, webexes, dabble in lab

sent some of my chaps to a land of sand this week, haven't heard from them since, must assume they're off their faces on gmc's tab
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it looks like I will be waking the dog up for our walk, he his still fast a sleep, need to pop into town today a present for mother’s day, by the look of the clear sky it’s going to be a sunny day so a bike ride later
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    la famiglia has exited the building and silence has descended. blissful. no noise, no whittering, just the sound of a silently snoozing hound.this is what it must be like inside rollo's head.

have to chainsaw a tree then catch a flight away for work for the weekend. apart fom that, not a lot.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    oxoman wrote:
    Lovely weather just tad cool at the minute.
    Yeah just a bit. 0 degrees here, scraping ice off the car, foggy on the ride to the office :roll:
    Got a report to write and that's about all for today till someone pokes me with something else to do.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Nice morning walking the dog etc, spoilt by going to work.

Later is ticket collection for Man Utd game on sat - come on Watford. This along with the long commute may impact ale
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Absolutely lovely morning to ride through the streets of London and come over Southwark bridge with the sun glistening on the Thames, and to admire once again the juxtaposition of the Victorian engineering of Tower Bridge and the ultra-modern glass and steel of the City framed by an azure sky. It never gets old.

A day of keeping the nose to the grindstone beckons. Maybe get enough done to effect an early bail, but I doubt it.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    I 'completed' the first part of my bowel screening test kit this morning.

Worst game of poo-sticks, ever.

:)

The older I get, the better I was.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    0c, pfft, -2c snow on the ground here, enjoyable evening just sorting some last bits then driving back to Reykjavik for the return flight weather looks alright back home rumours of sunshine an things.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    sungod wrote:
    ...sent some of my chaps to a land of sand this week, haven't heard from them since, must assume they're off their faces on gmc's tab

Oil prospecting, camel racing, dune surfing, arrested for imbibing alcohol/impersonating Muslims/looking up Kaftan's?

Bit of sun here. not so chilly.

Today will be Porker, sticks, Bistro, coffee and cake.
    After baked Mediterranean Feta, I had Orange and Almond cake last week. It sort of worked.

Must call some place daan in the midlands regarding car bits...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    I've been advised by someone who knows more about muscles than me not to ride my bike until I've completed this pesky runnerist thing I've got next weekend.

And I've just bought a bum bag...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Lovely sunny warm but windy day. Now raining nicely, need that.

Friday at least. Plasterer finished so out tomorrow to get paint supplies in and get started on that this weekend. Yay.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Got the train into work this morning as I realised last night that I was absolutely knackered. Will ride next week instead.

A weekend of normality which will be nice, hopefully. No trips up North due until end of next week and I may take the train as I've now put 2,000 miles on The Panzer in 4 weeks and I'm not sure that banks will do mortgages to pay for Super Unleaded.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Capt Slog wrote:

I have this unfortunate mental image involving dropping one over one side of a bridge then running over, pants akimbo, to the other side of the bridge... Thanks for that.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Looks like a small BBQ might be on the cards!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

I have this unfortunate mental image involving dropping one over one side of a bridge then running over, pants akimbo, to the other side of the bridge... Thanks for that.

...add a slight accident whilst hot footing awkwardly across the bridge with trousers around ankles, then cue the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..." ?
  • Matthewfalle
    sounds like a metaphor for brexit, tbh.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • capt_slog
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

...add a slight accident whilst hot footing awkwardly across the bridge with trousers around ankles, then cue the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..." ?

Not quite, but I nearly dropped my book.

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Capt Slog wrote:

Sounds easy when you read the leaflet. Less so when you're trying to apprehend an unusually large and rapidly expelled turd before it hits the water. And then they only need a tiny sample...
  • pinno
    keef66 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

Sounds easy when you read the leaflet. Less so when you're trying to apprehend an unusually large and rapidly expelled turd before it hits the water. And then they only need a tiny sample...

Can't you have wifey standing there with a carefully orientated shovel?
    Best done in the garden next to a hole you've dug, specially for the purpose.
  • Matthewfalle
    change of plan - in Cardiff drinking beer on work time. Sort of on duty-ish. GET IN.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    keef66 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

sorry - WTAF are you doing? i know i've had a couple of beers but WTAF?

Can't you just poo in a bag and give them that as a sample?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    When I had giardiasis, I put a "tray" fashioned from layers of bog roll on top of the water, did my business, then used the little spoon to scoop a sample into the pot. I have a high tolerance viz a viz gag reflex. I used to change my daughter's PEG.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I used to change my daughter's PEG.

Aww mate :cry:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Even easier, go for a walk, have a poo on the path, get someone to pick it up in the bag for you.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Just brew it up and pour it in:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRt2_OLY3Ho
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    keef66 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

sorry - WTAF are you doing? i know i've had a couple of beers but WTAF?

Okay. You asked.

In the kit is a piece of card (postcard size), it has several layers to it, a large opening flap on one side that says "DON'T OPEN" and on the other, three smaller flaps. Behind each of these smaller flaps is a couple of cut-outs, about 1cm square.

Also in the kit are six cardboard sticks. Each day for three days, you collect a bit of poo with a stick. How you go about this is up to you, but you can't get the poo out of the toilet bowl. You then smear a bit of poo on one of the 1cm squares behind the flap, you do this twice, using two sticks and two different bits of poo. You then seal the flap and write the date on it.

When you have done this for three days, you send the kit off in the envelope. The recipient then checks for blood in your poo (I think). Whatever, they certainly EARN their salary! :)

slide-test-for-faecal-occult-blood-mass-screening-for-bowel-cancer-E3X00B.jpg