Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Wednesday and an early start.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,025
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning All. Work, idiot team for 2 days then I'm off for a bit. Dawn chorus getting particularly loud at the minute. Sorry to hear the bad news Stevo.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,073
    WFH as it is finally the wife’s birthday and we are out early doors
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,075
    Morning, another nice start to the day, might have a trip to the lbs see what goodies they have on sale
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,838
    Morning

Day off today to go and see someone about my knee that I messed up back in January, hopefully I'm not declared a write off so I can go riding later in the sunshine.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,346
    'ning

already had pineapple, coffee soon, going to be annoying day, may kill
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,027
    Morning, tis my Friday though I think this Friday will drag on to about Saturday. Flight at five then a drive to Grindavik to annoy the uncle an get steaming drunk, my cousins already been down the coast an picked up some local whiskey which is usually lethal.

Mainly tying up loose ends today need to leave the office at mid day so not a huge amount to do.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Coffee and pineapple has been digested, bambina is ill so I'm at home: have already done lawn chippings and am about to walk the hound, eat some breaded chicken goujons and do a weights sesh before pressure washing the patio and taking a picture of the S3 - bars have been taped, just need another couple of rides before hacking the steerer down.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,677
    Too early to post a semi interesting thread title ? :roll:
    ...pineapple has been digested...

Liar.

Suns out. A few admin type things to do and something to sign. Coffee and a BLT has been consumed.

There are some highly exotic Icelandic girls. Alcohol would be second on the priority list.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    well, that was productive:

new workbench fitted in garage
    rubbish cleared
    weights about to be weighted
    driveway about to be weedkillered
    lunch about to be lunched

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Enroute to Luton to escape these temperate climbs next stop Reykjavik and 0c
    went to do some weights.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
    Sat at porto del airo,

Matt, did you confirm the weights are weighty and weigh the weighted amount?
    step83 wrote:
    Sat at porto del airo,

You mean those numbers usually stamped into the casting on them are indiscernible?
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Sat at porto del airo,

You mean those numbers usually stamped into the casting on them are indiscernible?

Indeed, said casting marks are usually terrible, I'm sure most of them are just random characters anyway
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,838
    MTB bearings replaced but still had a knocking sound. There was a loose bolt - so probably didn't need to replace the bearings. Stick a new chain and cassette on while I was at it, looks nice. CBA going riding now.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,550
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Work, idiot team for 2 days then I'm off for a bit. Dawn chorus getting particularly loud at the minute. Sorry to hear the bad news Stevo.
    Thanks Oxo. Been a busy day dealing with undertakers, solicitors and then got to go see the vicar in a bit, so I'm treating myself to a nice dinner out after that. More adminny stuff tomorrow down at the registrars then headed back down South in the afternoon.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    step83 wrote:
    Sat at porto del airo,

i can confirm that the reason one side of my bench press weight thing felt heavier than the other was because it was indeed 3kg heavier than the other.

its been like that for 3 months.

to solve the problem i added some more weight to the other side and now its #heavy #hench #don'tdropitonyourfoot

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,682 Lives Here
    Evening folks,
    Busy day with a dull meeting, said my bit after a while, made my excuses and left them to it. Can I recommend the “Oh dear” thread? Quite amusing.
    Off to see the old dear shortly before heading to the pub.
    veronese68 wrote:
    Can I recommend the “Oh dear” thread?

I'm off...