Wanted: Whyte T130 frame XS

steve_sordy
steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
edited March 2019 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know where I can get a Whyte T130 frame size XS?
I don't need it to have a shock.

Edit: Whyte won't sell a frame unless it's a crash damage like for like replacement.

Comments

• billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    That has ended methinks.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • steve_sordy
    Thanks for looking BillyCool, but I'd already spotted that.

It's for my grandson. Since I bought the emtb in Jan this year, I'm not using the 2017 Whyte T130C RS. I thought I'd buy an XS frame and transfer the kit across and then sell the large frame. I had a good chat with a Whyte dealer and he told me that I'd be better off selling it and using the money to buy him a bike with the proceeds. It seems that high spec good condition used T130's are in demand. Who knew?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    People who are looking for bargains used know!

I lucked into my T129 frame at a good price, but Whyte are fairly well sort after, they are the twenty-teens equivalent of the Orange five at the end of the last decade.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steve_sordy
    The Rookie wrote:
    ............ but Whyte are fairly well sort after, they are the twenty-teens equivalent of the Orange five at the end of the last decade.

The Whyte dealer at Rutland Cycles told that higher spec T130s were much sought after.

Maybe I should just sell it and use the money to buy my grandson a bike.