sunday this fagge end, this rump of a parliament with corrupt maggots in it

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,515
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

more ridey ride, coffee and cake, later mull over seizing control and instituting fourth protectorate
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a very bright start but on the cooler side, dog walked, breakfast consumed, just having a coffee whilst planning a route for this mornings ride, out for lunch today so I might try a couple of pints
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

vegging for the next hour then quick weights sesh, take bambino to a party then hopefully take the new bi-cycle out for a spin for a couple of hours before heading off to pick up TDV from the airport.

bizarrely, sounds quite productive.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Lovely long walk with the hound and then looking at the 3 beech trees I need to cut up

Big based breakfast soon followed by lumber jack stuff and then first crit of the year
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    In days of old, didn't the gentry force renting proletariats to vote in a particular way?

That Clusterfuck aside, today will be baking bread and getting the carpet cleaner out to sort some illicit Tricky activity.
    Sunny but very windy and slightly chilly.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Took the dog out to watch the local half marathon as it comes near my house. The little chap very bemused. Odd folk runnists... :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was had. Been out to buy bread and it’s sunny and quite pleasant. Need to shoot into Kingston with the lad when he’s up to it. He only got in a little while ago so could be a while.
    Uri Gueller is sorting the political thing out so no need to worry. Makes more sense than most other things on that subject at the moment.
    Hope all went as well as could be Stevo, at least you’re not running anywhere.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Started the annual battle with moss, dandelions and a few odd tufts of grass.
  • pinno
    Big Harv wrote:
    Took the dog out to watch the local half marathon as it comes near my house. The little chap very bemused. Odd folk runnists... :D

Very. very odd.

However. some run just to get rid of excess beer calories. Imagine that!?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    edited March 2019
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hope all went as well as could be Stevo, at least you’re not running anywhere.
    Thanks V, I 've come back down South for now but am on standby and headed North again either as soon as something changes or Thurs evening at the latest. Went via friends in Lincolnshire last night to take my mind off stuff. Car is now run in so I had a bit of a play on the way back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

Very. very odd.

However. some run just to get rid of excess beer calories. Imagine that!?
    And cider calories
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, nice 40 miler with whats slowly becoming a local club, bar one amusing incident where a stone pinged off the guy beside me, hit my rim an sounded like the tyre exploding, that was just after a chat about punctures an how we never seem to get them. little ding nothing more.

Anywho, off to Iceland Wednesday night to surprise the Uncle, its he 65th easy jet so that'll be fun! Hopefully I can get some food while I'm out there.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    hopkinb wrote:

I did the same. Took me just under 6 hours to finish. :)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

Hopkins garden is smaller than Rome but bigger than the pen of my aunt.
    (A postage stamp in Laaandon basically).

If you want a free holiday with a spot of gardening Hoppy :D
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Jayzus. I spent 10 mins picking up dog sh1t. 10 mins picking up fallen palm tree leaves from next door, which jam up the flymo, then 10 mins with said flymo on my 30 square metres of cr@ppy grass/bluebells/dandelions/moss.

Going to get it paved over, raised beds, herbs, shrubs, some roses. It'll confuse the sh1t out of the dog, but hey...
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I fcuking hate gardening. If I had a garden, I'd be paying some fcuker to garden it.
    My brother on the other hand has the greenest of green fingers. Loves it. Flowers, veg, topiary, the works.
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I fcuking hate gardening. If I had a garden, I'd be paying some fcuker to garden it.
    My brother on the other hand has the greenest of green fingers. Loves it. Flowers, veg, topiary, the works.

Snap, I could probably kill a fake plant, OH seems to enjoy gardening though.
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Snap, I could probably kill a fake plant, OH seems to enjoy gardening though.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I too hate it, bar the topiary, basically because I’ve created a penis shaped one and love the fact it took the family 2 yrs to work it out
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    I cba with gardening and pay someone to do ours.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I too hate it, bar the topiary, basically because I’ve created a penis shaped one and love the fact it took the family 2 yrs to work it out
    :D

I don't mind gardening, but not if I have to spend all weekend every week doing it. The mowing here took 6 hours because it's huge, but hadn't been done since, oh, November perhaps, so not a big deal. If it wasn't so damned rough in places it would be a lot quicker than that. I have the mower equivalent of Stevo's new car, so it could be done in under 2 hours if it was a smooth ride...

Otherwise my gardening skills consist mainly of pulling stuff out of the ground - far too many plants in the wrong places round here. Less is definitely more.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    I like having a garden, its nice to sit outside somewhere in the sun in the summer, but i hate keeping the damn thing under control,its always full of pointy sharp plants that always seem to attack you, plus the dust/pollen really sets off my allergies/asthma, so my choice is I can spend every weekend getting covered in scratches, sneezing & struggling to breath to do gardening or I can go ride my bike somewhere.

I choose the latter, so my garden does get a bit wildly overgrown, but the cat loves it like that as there are places to go hide and explore and lots of urban wildlife visitors, so we are both happy with it...mostly