thursday with vengeance, wrath and smiting

2»

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    dudes

how much would you pay to get a medium sized tree cut down? cherry tree, fairly spindly.
    We had a quote on a job of £5000 for a "medium" sized tree. We told them thanks but no thanks we'll just wait for it to fall down :)
    The tree surgeon/lumberjack dude was already there as well chopping down a bigger tree.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just finished cleaning some epic sized bird sh1ts off Stropteens Polo, the sort that really need some elbow grease to remove as she let them get cracked on. So much fun I'm going to have a drink!

Generously scoosh with window cleaner. Walk away for 30 mins. Hose off.
    Most other household products will affect paint.

Alternatively, keep a trigger bottle and fill up with 50ml of window cleaner, a spot of household detergent + hot water.
    Spray, walk away, then hose off.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Perfect time to fell it an age it over summer, split it an stack it over summer be perfect for winter, we had some over Christmas, burns well an lasts. Usually lob some Ash in to keep it burning well.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    dudes

how much would you pay to get a medium sized tree cut down? cherry tree, fairly spindly.
    We had a quote on a job of £5000 for a "medium" sized tree. We told them thanks but no thanks we'll just wait for it to fall down :)
    The tree surgeon/lumberjack dude was already there as well chopping down a bigger tree.
    £5k! I'll do it for 4. :)
  • pinno
    edited March 2019
    £4 ? Okay, I have some work for you.

£1100 to take 3 big trees out. it cost at PPP and I split it all by hand.
    Down the line, £100 to take 4 big trees out with a guy I made a deal with in exchange for wood. Though I dealt with all the clean up/branches etc. 2 pallets as kindling in a barrel and a wood chipper.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    dudes

£5k? bloody hell!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just finished cleaning some epic sized bird sh1ts off Stropteens Polo, the sort that really need some elbow grease to remove as she let them get cracked on. So much fun I'm going to have a drink!

i've polished off a bottle of rose if that provides morale support.
    You've inspired me, thanks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Generously scoosh with window cleaner. Walk away for 30 mins. Hose off.
    Most other household products will affect paint.

Alternatively, keep a trigger bottle and fill up with 50ml of window cleaner, a spot of household detergent + hot water.
    Spray, walk away, then hose off.
    Used good ol' soap n water.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

pleasure - happy to help.

we'll exchange posts tomorrow over breakfast cans of beer.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Anyone remember that episode of Minder with the Jock bloke pouring Whisky on his cornflakes?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Crucial Brew?