Post Office destroyed my Power Meter

bikingmadx
bikingmadx Posts: 14
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
I’m after some advice as there’s no easy way to describe my current rage.

I have a Zwatt crank arm power meter (Zimanox) that I had to send to Denmark for servicing, this was sent via recorded delivery and clearly labelled as containing a battery, I made a point of clearly explaining what it was at the post office hence a battery sticker was attached. For clarity item was bubble wrapped in a heavy duty cardboard box with return address.

Cue 2 weeks later and tracking says it was a prohibited item and destroyed.

Post Office terms clearly state inter national post is ok on “ Electronic devices connected to lithium batteries
(including mobile phones, digital cameras, etc) where the battery is connected to the device.”

It appears I cannot make an insurance claim as the item is prohibited and I’m stuck what to do next despite trying to complain and providing information on the item to basically confirm it fitted in the restriction guidelines.

I really don’t know where to go from here, it feels like I’ve been robbed, any ideas or has anyone any xperience that could help?

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Wow. That sounds awful.

Small claims court?

So it never reached Denmark then?
  • I’m still getting the run around, it simply says it’s been destroyed which makes it all the more complex to ask who determined it was prohibited. It’s a bit like my word against their word, as I understand it they could also destroy the item if the package was damaged ( which would take some doing given it was fully taped)