Any gyms / clubs in London with power meters / Zwift?

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,467
edited March 2019 in Road general
I'm going to be in London for most of next week and would like to get a couple of indoor sessions done just to keep the fitness up. Are there any places I could go where I could just turn up with shoes/pedals and use a decent indoor bike setup with an accurate power meter? Zwift would be even better..

Just wondering if these days there might be some cycling focussed gyms offering proper indoor bike setups as opposed to the usual spin classes with resistance trainers..

Comments

• monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,462
    A saw a mate on Strava had something pop up at a place called Digme somewhere near blackfriars and from the Strava ride, I'd guess they're set up with power meters etc.
    there's also something called first light (I think) at the top of Westfield shepherds Bush, which looks to be a 'proper' cycling setup.
    I haven't tried either if them myself
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    neeb wrote:
    I'm going to be in London for most of next week and would like to get a couple of indoor sessions done just to keep the fitness up. Are there any places I could go where I could just turn up with shoes/pedals and use a decent indoor bike setup with an accurate power meter? Zwift would be even better..

Just wondering if these days there might be some cycling focussed gyms offering proper indoor bike setups as opposed to the usual spin classes with resistance trainers..

London's a big place - can you be more specific?
  • neeb
    Imposter wrote:
    London's a big place - can you be more specific?
    Staying in Boston Manor so easy access to the Piccadilly Line, west & central London. Somewhere like Shepherd’s Bush as mentioned above would be ideal.

My other idea was to find somewhere near Richmond Park that rented nice bikes, but I’ll be on holiday so it would need to be an attractive ve prospect to spend daylight hours doing.. :)
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Athlete Lab, Digme - anywhere with Wattbikes. Lots of gyms have them where you can do your own workout.
  • neeb
    Athlete Lab, Digme - anywhere with Wattbikes. Lots of gyms have them where you can do your own workout.
    Great, thanks.