sunday and the role of pineapple in the eleusinian mysteries

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

looks like it's nippier, but not as windy, at dawn off for a hilly ride punctuated by cafes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I will also be Cycling first thing, out for lunch later
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Got a 10k race, but need to get miles in so running there too, felt a good idea as the cider was flowing last night
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Peace reigns at Stevo towers as its only me and the hound in for now, so supping coffee and relaxing :) Will get round to clearing more stuff out of the study (box room) sometime today as were having it redone. Have to say it needs doing as it hasn't been touched it since before we bought the place.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Windy, sunny and chilly.

Toots and OH will be off to soft play area soon, so I will be umming and aarring.

P-N or T-A...? P-N wins it. No luck Gilbert. Bloody SKY. The sooner they f*ck off the scene the... oh hang on.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Never seen the attraction of pineapple myself but each to their own :)

Hound walked and was duly fussed over by random females. Pub lunch later.

Well done Wales.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Vicious little hail showers about today. Caught once, now I'm thinking staying indoors better than risking being caught twice.
  • pinno
    Big Harv wrote:
    Never seen the attraction of pineapple myself but each to their own :)

Pineapple has deep metaphorical meaning for SG. That's why his relationship with Pineapple is unique and one that I can neither fathom nor relate to, no matter how hard I try.

Does that mean you are going to join Pinno's Mango revolution liberation front?
  • pinno
    Pooja Yadav want's to be friends with me on facebake.
    Who the farq is Pooja Yadav and how the farq did he/she get a link to me?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    she's a renowned mangoiste, probably wants to arrange talks with the pmrlf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Fruit factions? Somehow reminds me of that bit from Python's Life of Brian where he meets The People's Front of Judea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Fruit factions? Somehow reminds me of that bit from Python's Life of Brian where he meets The People's Front of Judea.

He's over there!
  • pinno
    Movistar failed to get men into the Quintana group. Another f*ck up. When Sky folds, they might actually win something.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Raining here, lounging on the couch at the old dear’s having eaten far too much.
    Have to take the wife and female child to a mate’s so they can see his new kitten. I’m going to get my ears severely bent with requests to get a cat I suspect.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Splitter!
    People's Front of Judea? Bastards! We're the Judean People's Front.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Planet X carbon aero thing EC130 or something. Campag chorus electric gears. Well reviewed. Seems cheap at 2 grand. What's the catch? Apart from having a planet X frame, but I already have one of them. It's butt ugly, so I suppose that's the catch.

Otherwise, been cooking, dog walking, washing clothes and listen to mini rattle on at a billion kph.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Planet X carbon aero thing EC130 or something. Campag chorus electric gears. Well reviewed. Seems cheap at 2 grand. What's the catch? Apart from having a planet X frame, but I already have one of them. It's butt ugly, so I suppose that's the catch.

Otherwise, been cooking, dog walking, washing clothes and listen to mini rattle on at a billion kph.
    I’ve got one as a race bike, brilliant for crits not great for rides over 60 miles
  • tlw1
    Run into town, followed by an ok 10k time and run home in the hail and gusts of winds has left me knackered
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Run into town, followed by an ok 10k time and run home in the hail and gusts of winds has left me knackered
    Was the 10k course dry(ish)? Saw photos if a flooded parkrun course that got cancelled and some interesting photos from the marathon here which didn't get cancelled or rerouted... :roll:
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Was the 10k course dry(ish)? Saw photos if a flooded parkrun course that got cancelled and some interesting photos from the marathon here which didn't get cancelled or rerouted... :roll:
    It was ok, I saw pics of the marathon too - looked erm interesting
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I’ve got one as a race bike, brilliant for crits not great for rides over 60 miles
    Perfect communting bike for London then, especially if he fits tri bars to it. :lol: