edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

hill repeats, the odd lap, cafes, choc, cake, pineapple and laziness

lined up more hols, it's good to have a few in the pipeline
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another day at work , roll on Tuesday , dog walked now having a cuppa before I set off.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Shoot sleep despite an array of ale, digs happy though as he had a really long walk before it was even light

Haircuts, chopping and stacking wood then rugby and ale

Trying to save legs for tomorrow’s race so no real exercise
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    TLW1 wrote:
    so no real exercise
    Same here but no decent excuse - lurgy still lurgying, knees still popping etc.
    Got some wires to crimp this morning, trying to fit square pegs into round holes kind of job.
    Might go and support the locals in the TT later, I think they might need it given the weather. There's a pub near the finish though.
  • tlw1
    Might go and support the locals in the TT later, I think they might need it given the weather. There's a pub near the finish though.
    Where is it?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    edited March 2019
    This strange obsession with TT;s we have.
    We have only had one World's winner in 24 years.

It's bloody wet here.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Pinno wrote:
    This strange obsession with TT;s we have.
    I've heard there's an interesting one on the IOM.

Jobs day so I'm trundling around in The Panzer getting a few gallons to the mile but it's all good running in mileage so will be able to give it some beans on the next trip North at the end of the month. Will head into Bromley in a bit to get my bike back from the LBS and buy a new pair of jeans. At least the forecast 50mph winds haven't turned up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Currently down at the "MK Bowl" watching some racing, far to windy for this lark. Pub lunch shortly not sure what else is on todays menu.
  • tlw1
    Impromptu fun bike ride with pals was a giggle, ferkin windy though, managed 10mph without peddling!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    TLW1 wrote:
    Where is it?
    It was this one https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/19436 although they moved the start to the top of the hill.
    Same course next month: https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/19084
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Where is it?
    It was this one https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/19436 although they moved the start to the top of the hill.
    Same course next month: https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/19084
    Cheers!
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    First proper run out with the young dog off lead. Now we have a relationship. His based on training and loyalty, mine based on avoiding the divorce court. At least he's eating now.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Been at work most of the day, unpicking what the fark my predecessors did with some currency hedges over the past few years. Utterly pointless, but difficult to be able to explain why we can take them off with no risk. Nearly there.

Out to a fcuking party that I don't want to go to tonight. Fcuking banal chit chat about schools/tutors/holidays/middle class bollox/blah blah fcuking blah. I can't even get p!ssed. Firstly because I don't want to, secondly because I'd say what I think, and Mrs H3 would be ostracised.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...fark...fcuking...Fcuking...bollox...fcuking... p!ssed...

Like that was it.

I had a big barney* with the OH this morning. But despite the hip, we made up :D

*To "have a barney" is a phrase commonly used in London at least. For the benefit of US readers, it means to become involved in an argument or fight and has no connection whatsoever with any kind of purple dinosaur.

'Purple dinosaur'?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Went to a party, had several more than is sensible. Wife wasn’t feeling well so I was left to my own devices. I don’t think I misbehaved too much, I’ll probably find out some time tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Went to a party, had several more than is sensible. Wife wasn’t feeling well so I was left to my own devices. I don’t think I misbehaved too much, I’ll probably find out some time tomorrow.
    Morning V. Shall we post one of those psychedelic gifs?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    What do you mean 'shall we?' ?

tumblr_mg6je929CE1qlf2g5o1_500.gif
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Delegation in action :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

You're a lazy barsteward you mean?

I do love that quote function.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You're a lazy barsteward you mean?
    Occasionally :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Thankfully hangover now subsiding.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thankfully hangover now subsiding.

So the gif helped?

That means another one will get rid of it completely.

giphy.gif