Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

sunday and the role of pineapple in the eleusinian mysteries

sungodsungod Posts: 13,351
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

looks like it's nippier, but not as windy, at dawn off for a hilly ride punctuated by cafes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,089
    Morning, I will also be Cycling first thing, out for lunch later
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,090
    Got a 10k race, but need to get miles in so running there too, felt a good idea as the cider was flowing last night
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,039
    Morning. Sadly working. Steady ride in the dark. Currently dry so maybe some work outside
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,566
    Peace reigns at Stevo towers as its only me and the hound in for now, so supping coffee and relaxing :) Will get round to clearing more stuff out of the study (box room) sometime today as were having it redone. Have to say it needs doing as it hasn't been touched it since before we bought the place.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,699
    Windy, sunny and chilly.

    Toots and OH will be off to soft play area soon, so I will be umming and aarring.

    P-N or T-A...? P-N wins it. No luck Gilbert. Bloody SKY. The sooner they f*ck off the scene the... oh hang on.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    Never seen the attraction of pineapple myself but each to their own :)

    Hound walked and was duly fussed over by random females. Pub lunch later.

    Well done Wales.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,876
    Vicious little hail showers about today. Caught once, now I'm thinking staying indoors better than risking being caught twice.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,699
    Big Harv wrote:
    Never seen the attraction of pineapple myself but each to their own :)

    Pineapple has deep metaphorical meaning for SG. That's why his relationship with Pineapple is unique and one that I can neither fathom nor relate to, no matter how hard I try.

    Does that mean you are going to join Pinno's Mango revolution liberation front?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,699
    Pooja Yadav want's to be friends with me on facebake.
    Who the farq is Pooja Yadav and how the farq did he/she get a link to me?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,351
    she's a renowned mangoiste, probably wants to arrange talks with the pmrlf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,566
    Fruit factions? Somehow reminds me of that bit from Python's Life of Brian where he meets The People's Front of Judea.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,699
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Fruit factions? Somehow reminds me of that bit from Python's Life of Brian where he meets The People's Front of Judea.

    He's over there!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,699
    Movistar failed to get men into the Quintana group. Another f*ck up. When Sky folds, they might actually win something.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,704 Lives Here
    Raining here, lounging on the couch at the old dear’s having eaten far too much.
    Have to take the wife and female child to a mate’s so they can see his new kitten. I’m going to get my ears severely bent with requests to get a cat I suspect.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,566
    veronese68 wrote:
    Splitter!
    People's Front of Judea? Bastards! We're the Judean People's Front.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,278
    Planet X carbon aero thing EC130 or something. Campag chorus electric gears. Well reviewed. Seems cheap at 2 grand. What's the catch? Apart from having a planet X frame, but I already have one of them. It's butt ugly, so I suppose that's the catch.

    Otherwise, been cooking, dog walking, washing clothes and listen to mini rattle on at a billion kph.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,090
    hopkinb wrote:
    Planet X carbon aero thing EC130 or something. Campag chorus electric gears. Well reviewed. Seems cheap at 2 grand. What's the catch? Apart from having a planet X frame, but I already have one of them. It's butt ugly, so I suppose that's the catch.

    Otherwise, been cooking, dog walking, washing clothes and listen to mini rattle on at a billion kph.
    I’ve got one as a race bike, brilliant for crits not great for rides over 60 miles
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,090
    Run into town, followed by an ok 10k time and run home in the hail and gusts of winds has left me knackered
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,861
    tlw1 wrote:
    Run into town, followed by an ok 10k time and run home in the hail and gusts of winds has left me knackered
    Was the 10k course dry(ish)? Saw photos if a flooded parkrun course that got cancelled and some interesting photos from the marathon here which didn't get cancelled or rerouted... :roll:
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,090
    tlw1 wrote:
    Run into town, followed by an ok 10k time and run home in the hail and gusts of winds has left me knackered
    Was the 10k course dry(ish)? Saw photos if a flooded parkrun course that got cancelled and some interesting photos from the marathon here which didn't get cancelled or rerouted... :roll:
    It was ok, I saw pics of the marathon too - looked erm interesting
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,704 Lives Here
    tlw1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Planet X carbon aero thing EC130 or something. Campag chorus electric gears. Well reviewed. Seems cheap at 2 grand. What's the catch? Apart from having a planet X frame, but I already have one of them. It's butt ugly, so I suppose that's the catch.
    I’ve got one as a race bike, brilliant for crits not great for rides over 60 miles
    Perfect communting bike for London then, especially if he fits tri bars to it. :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.