friday with fire and movement

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

back after after much bubbly and visiting the pussycats of the alhambra, it's clear some people can't arrange a posting in a forum

office of gmc, much coffee, laze, lab, some webexing, etc. maybe arrange to drop in on one of the euro-tentacles, early bail as it's been a long week
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice to see you back in the fold SG, working again today and the weekend it all helps the new bike fund :)
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Phew - I know what day it is now

As predicted by v68 working from offices too far from the local, with lots of meetings, my favourite starts at 16:00 for a couple of hours :(

Later is local
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Nothing fell off the car on the way to work this morning so that's a great start to the day :)
    There's a cake sale thing in the office this morning which is even better and I've already been the cash machine on the way in.

I might take the afternoon off to replace the brake cables on my bike, I can't see how to get to the cable or how to replace it and it sounds like one hell of a job https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-ST-RS505-3902.pdf
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Enjoy your cake Thistle.
    Cables you say? Bungle's your man.

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13104072&p=20495079#p20494908

Ignore the Pinno bullying. :lol:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    There's a cake sale thing in the office this morning which is even better and I've already been the cash machine on the way in.

CAKE! I'll have a big slice of the carrot cake please. I'll pop a couple of quid in the post.

Assuming SG has just returned from Granada, all I remember about the place, other than the Alhambra palace, is

a) getting a €60 traffic violation fine passed on by the hire car company 3 months after getting back;
    b) the kids constantly moaning for a burger from https://thegoodburger.com/en
    c) delicious grilled iberico pork tapas from https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187441-d7795535-Reviews-Entrebrasas-Granada_Province_of_Granada_Andalucia.html
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, quiet day off as its farking windy out, walked Le Woof she wanted a *stick an refused to let go till we got to the gate so ill dispose of that later.

Last time I was in Granada I had the delights of the dealz, so basically poundland next to the gym, joyous as it sounds!

Anyway quiet day planned may try zwift with my phone seeing as they've pushed it to Android now. Bar that enjoy some local beer later.

*Tree
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Early finish and building wardrobes awaits.

Oh the joy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

mega windy here and absolutely nothing to do. someone tried to die in my office yesterday just as i was trying to leave for the day - damn inconsiderate - so really should go and tip my hat to someone and say they aren't dead.

may check where my new handlebars are.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Porker, sticks, coffee, cake (in some sort of order).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Busy again but stopped for cake. The lass with the huge thrup's is leaving today which is a shame, unfortunately no pictures.
    My day is a little like HD's but rather than building wardrobes I'll be going to the pub. That reminds me, did you get some 10speed shifters HD?
    I was all set to wimp out and drive in today as I could then get to the pub and not be a windswept sweaty mess, got to the car to find a flat tyre. Ballcocks! Back in and change to ride the bike in against the wind.
    Went to Granada many many years ago when I were a lad, don't remember anything apart from the Alhambra. The old dear was there over Christmas.
    Sorry to hear my crystal ball worked TLW, hope the meeting isn't too long and painful.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Good curry n Cobra night out with the minions last night, luckily I'm feeling OK and working from home. Also managed to drop the communter off at the LBS for a bit of maintenance work. I know the tracker works now after I forgot my security widget - got less than 2 mins down the road in The Panzer before I got a call from Vodafone Automotive.

Busy day despite being Friday. Must delegate better...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That reminds me, did you get some 10speed shifters HD?

Yes I did thanks, I forgot about the other post and yes you did sell me the 105's a while ago.
    This little lot is for MrsHD so I'm trying not to spend a fortune on it unless she decides that she really does like riding and gets serious. Giving her easier shifting and better braking should improve her experience so there is hope for her yet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    tray full of pineapple in the office kitchen left over from some internal management meeting

ate 5 wedges, turned into sungod, can no longer capitalise and have mislaid the full stop on my keyboard

early bail now pencilled in, along with much bubbly and the adoption of a tabby
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    tray full of pineapple in the office kitchen left over from some internal management meeting

ate 5 wedges, turned into sungod, can no longer capitalise and have mislaid the full stop on my keyboard

early bail now pencilled in, along with much bubbly and the adoption of a tabby
    :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...and the adoption of a tabby.

Methinks you're not actually lying but suffering Pineapple induced delirium.
  • sungod
    yep granada, aside from alhambra, also scenic around sacromonte

a mostly porky cuisine, some really good red tuna dishes at a couple of places, and the lovely hotel obliged at brekkie by eliminating undesirable elements from my 'tropical fruits' starter
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    I went to Al Hamra in Oman once - really nice place. We did a climb on Jebel Shams which was scary and went to a place called Misfah which has a thousand year old irrigation system and fields the size of a table and no MacDonalds. yet.

you might not be very interested in this.
  • pinno
    Lagrange wrote:
    ...you might not be very interested in this.

TBH, in this place, that could be hit and miss.

Key words missing: Wobble, Pineapple, Tabbies, food, pub, shirking, coffee, beer, wfh (working from home), norks, dogs, cake.

Simple things please simple...
  • sungod
    oman is nice, way prettier than dubai, i've had pineapple there, also coffee and cake
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Lagrange wrote:
    ...and no MacDonalds. yet.
    Verona resisted McD’s for many years because it’s so tacky. It was eventually accepted near the town centre but is marble fronted and has a salad bar in the window. No sign of orange and yellow colour scheme.
    Rest of the post was quite interesting but I can’t really comment beyond that.
  • pinno
    Par example Monsieur Lagrange:
    sungod wrote:
    oman is nice, way prettier than dubai, i've had pineapple there, also coffee and cake
  • hopkinb
    I am interested and fascinated in everything.

I am frequently mocked by my family due to my fondness for audioguides and dusty old churches.
  • hopkinb
    Thousand year old irrigation systems would be right up my street.
  • hopkinb
    Now, the question occupying me this evening is whether I should waste 500 quid on a quarq powermeter. I don't race or tt, and am not intending to. But numbers. This is very definitely a case of head says no, but heart would quite like one.

Also, we're watching the last homelands tonight. What next?
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Now, the question occupying me this evening is whether I should waste 500 quid on a quarq powermeter. I don't race or tt, and am not intending to. But numbers. This is very definitely a case of head says no, but heart would quite like one.

Power meter!? Don't be silly. £500 will get you a helluva lot more of something else. I could invest it for you?
    hopkinb wrote:

Which series are you on?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Power meter!? Don't be silly. £500 will get you a helluva lot more of something else. I could invest it for you?
    hopkinb wrote:

Which series are you on?

Finishing series 7.
  • hopkinb
    You're right on the power meter.
  • hopkinb
    But numbers.
  • hopkinb
    Could pay for half an eTap.
  • pinno
    edited March 2019
    There's a series 8 in the pipeline. How do you find it?
    It's always a complex jigsaw and takes a bit of working out. We had plenty of those 'oh yeah' moments.