Keith Flint

crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
edited March 2019 in The cake stop
Dead!!

I can’t post videos from my phone but if someone could put up the Firestarter video, one of the most iconic performances of the 90’s

And only 49, way too young

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

I'll never forget the director of T in the Park's medical centre describing how they risk assess each band for the expected injuries, and how the Prodigy prided themselves on having the worst record.

But it seems he was a gent really.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Crap...... :(
    Faster than a tent.......
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Big loss
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Reporting that he took his own life. Sad indeed. RIP Keith.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Seemingly confirmed by Liam Howlett on the group's instagram page. Awful
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Sad news.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Very sad news. Mate of mine knew Keith through his love of motorbikes and often went out on rides with him. From what I've heard he was a really nice chap and completely the opposite of his stage persona.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    The prodigy with their iconic albums with visceral soul ripping title tracks has always been one of my favourites since Fat of the Land

that i identify with Keith is no surprise to people that know me and tonight I am gutted.

Breathe is the soundtrack to my successful training in days gone by and an inspiration now as i move into middle age. Id walk through mindfields with Keith. millennials talk of angst I screamed with violence and anger with Keith

RIP
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Really really sad news - we were all gutted at work when we found out. Awful if he has taken his own life.

I never met him but from my motorbike past knew that he was well into bikes - PB had a modded 'Blade of his at one point. He supported up and coming riders and even had a race team or part thereof I think.

Huge personality, brilliant stage persona - a great loss.

God speed.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Some absolutely amazing music and from what I've heard a very decent bloke, life is short enough without shortening it yourself but then I don't know his state of mind or what he possibly was taking.
  • Use an mp3 when I'm on the mountain bike and whenever the prodigy come on I end up going far to fast. Nightmare if it's at the start of a ride. RIP Keith.
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Something I saw on Twitter today.
    Keith Flint kept a swearbox above the fire in the pub he used to own (The Leather Bottle in Pleshey, Essex). Whenever he put the logs and kindling in and someone piped up with the obvious joke, he'd point to it and charge them a quid. RIP.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Hard to explain isn't it,yet we still feel it.