What day is it thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,859
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
Help I check here to find out the day!

WFH as I have parents evening later, hopefully the wife will get away from London village in time to join us

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    It's seagull slaying day.

Fixed car is not fixed and I'm not happy.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    a title I can relate to today. mental work. need to retire.

Not ridden a bike for days, or ran. Did ruin a walk with golf recently though.

Side note. anyone recommend any good whisky tours / weekends away in Scotland. Need to sort something sharpish
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    TLW, it's actually Friday and you missed the parents evening because you fell asleep whilst working from home. You should be in an office far away with no chance of getting home in time to go to the pub.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW, it's actually Friday and you missed the parents evening because you fell asleep whilst working from home. You should be in an office far away with no chance of getting home in time to go to the pub.
    Feck!

Actually working far away tomorrow too!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    TLW1 wrote:
    WFH as I have parents evening later, hopefully the wife will get away from London village in time to join us
    Didn't she tell you about her date with me this evening? :)

One of our lot (contractor) leaves this month but as he's a good bloke we're giving him a proper send off, so beer followed by curry house it is. I'll be working from home tomorrow, probably just as well as I can have a bit of a lie in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:

Today is my Friday, I see no problems with this.

looks fun outside currently watch the geese get pounded by sideways hail, poor blighters.

Spent the morning trying to fix software which isn't playing ball. IT apparently tested it, not sure with what you cant open the dam program!

seeing as it is my Friday, pub later, huzzah!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sunny and windy now.

Ate a load of pork and rice.

Now eating mints.

Going to stare into space for a bit, then recommence work.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Flâneur wrote:
    Side note. anyone recommend any good whisky tours / weekends away in Scotland. Need to sort something sharpish

Go on the Shearing's Old Wrinkly coach tour.

Naughty girls caused drain blockage shocker.

Eugh. Had to get a mate to lift the hatch cover whilst I sorted sh1t. Literally.
    I did have a second coffee and some Hot cross buns with REAL butter. None of that low fat malarkey.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Eaten too many mints.

Probably going to have the two bob bits.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:

Eugh. Had to get a mate to lift the hatch cover whilst I sorted sh1t. Literally.
    I did have a second coffee and some Hot cross buns with REAL butter. None of that low fat malarkey.

Laters.

Only way to have them, I remember being in Devon having scones (when in Rome etc) they offered us reduced fat clotted cream, my OH's look of disgust meant no verbal decline was needed :lol:
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Only way to have them, I remember being in Devon having scones (when in Rome etc) they offered us reduced fat clotted cream, my OH's look of disgust meant no verbal decline was needed :lol:

But did you have butter, clotted cream and jam? The unholy trinity. :D Or did you restrict yourself to just cream and jam? And in what order did you apply these delicious comestibles to your scones?

I go for a big splodge of cream topped with a teaspoon of jam.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    And don't forget lads that 14th March is the equivalent of International Mens Day :) Be sure to remind your OHs....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    You can't put jam on the cream?! You have to spread the jam first.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    You can't put jam on the cream?! You have to spread the jam first.
    Nah, spread/splodge the cream, then dollop the jam.
    :D
  • pinno
    This is a perfect example of why the world is going to pot. :roll:
  • hopkinb
    The tea should definitely be in a pot. Assam for my preference.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    This is a perfect example of why the world is going to pot. :roll:

Agreed, spread jam, dollop of cream, enjoy
  • hopkinb
    Deviants, the pair of you.
  • hopkinb
    image.jpg
  • Flâneur