Cipo

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited March 2019 in Pro race
Cipo heading to court for abusing ex-wife

https://t.co/zNsdSSXxdO

Pretty nasty stuff really
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Cipo has some serious questions to answer on the assault charges, and should feel the full force of the law if found guilty, but that Cycling Tips article is straw clutching at times.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Yes I read about this the other day but didn't realise he was up for assaulting another woman too.

The Cycling Tips article is kind of linking past indiscretions to suggest the signs were always there that he was a wrong 'un. Not sure what I make of that - never met the man - assuming these charges stick I suppose it will make us have to look at incidents like the bottle chucking in a different light. I think most had previously viewed such antics as slightly comedic and he probably has been given a pass on his sexism because he's Cipo. Charisma always makes people judge less harshly and maybe inaccurately.

Hopefully he does receive both the right punishment and the right help to address his problems.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Yes I read about this the other day but didn't realise he was up for assaulting another woman too.

The Cycling Tips article is kind of linking past indiscretions to suggest the signs were always there that he was a wrong 'un. Not sure what I make of that - never met the man - assuming these charges stick I suppose it will make us have to look at incidents like the bottle chucking in a different light. I think most had previously viewed such antics as slightly comedic and he probably has been given a pass on his sexism because he's Cipo. Charisma always makes people judge less harshly and maybe inaccurately.

Hopefully he does receive both the right punishment and the right help to address his problems.

Hopefully he's judged fairly before people benevolently decide he should have the the right support and punishment.

Sexism isnt illegal. Even in PC Britain.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    He once got thrown out of the Vuelta for punching another rider in the face at registration

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gen ... 96045.html
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786

Hopefully he's judged fairly before people benevolently decide he should have the the right support and punishment.

No, but people shouldn't feel comfortable being an arsehole.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719

Ok he's guilty hopefully he gets the right punishment and treatment.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Alejandrosdog
    inseine wrote:

No, but people shouldn't feel comfortable being an arsehole.

you what?
  • ...The Cycling Tips article is kind of linking past indiscretions to suggest the signs were always there that he was a wrong 'un...

The man pioneered the yellow jersey, yellow shorts, yellow bike look. How many more signs do you need?
    Speaking of Italian charisma, he is not worthy to be Copi's anagram.
  • Alejandrosdog
    RichN95 wrote:
    He once got thrown out of the Vuelta for punching another rider in the face at registration

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gen ... 96045.html

Ahhhh those were the days, when men were men and hcg got you a few months off