Wendesday, Wet & Windy

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning, well I suppose the title says it all, back to work this morning, dog to walk first
Be careful in the wind

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yep not nice out there but hound need walking before the joys of the toll road
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning all
    Slow start as I have the day off.

My car should've been fixed last night but silence from the garage. Will I be able to pick it up this morning? I'm going with a no.

Got some stuff coming from Amazon, but apart from that nothing much planned.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Bit of a breeze as is usual in Lanzarote but certainly no rain.
    Waiting for missus to get up so idling away on some bike forum.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Drove in, declined the inviting sideways look plus dropped my lid down the stairs so thats probably killed it.

Necked some horrible protein coffee thing office girl wanted me to try, then necked a mug off coffee to get rid of the taste, coffee should not be thick, nor sweet!

Day of insulting Australians mainly, apparently we can all have a can of fosters after lunch at our desks, I've requested lager not fizzy canned water.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Lager/fizzy canned water.

What is the difference?

Bloody windy here. What's the point where Hoppy no longer has sufficient mass to overcome the wind? Stupid question, he'll be fine. Ignore me.

Today will be a short meeting which will involve coffee, cake and... a woman! Except that I hear that she plays rugby. Maybe that's a metaphor.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Rode in through the blowing wind, do I get my Hoppy 'hard as nails' gold star? Noticed on the way in that a Nissan Micra got squished by a fallen tree about a mile down the road - probably for the best.

Amusing sign on the door in the showers this morning - apparently the ladies' changing room & showers are getting refurbed starting next week so the men's showers & changes will become unisex for a month. After that, the men's will get refurbed and we'll have to use the ladies. They helpfully advised us to get changed in the shower cubicles. This could be, er - interesting? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    They helpfully advised us to get changed in the shower cubicles. This could be, er - interesting? :)

The girls will have plenty to giggle at.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody windy here. What's the point where Hoppy no longer has sufficient mass to overcome the wind? Stupid question, he'll be fine. Ignore me.

:D

Not ever not ridden to or from work because of wind. I have been shifted a metre or so off course by a local wind pattern caused by a high building - kicks up a weird cyclone thing. I am aware of it though, so I just ride in the middle of the road for that bit when the wind is up.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Went and fetched the car so I can be lazy now for the rest of the week/month.
    On the way back a transit was tailgating an artic at 50mph into the wind. He decided he could do better so pulled out unaware that he has a CdA of a brick.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rode in through the blowing wind, do I get my Hoppy 'hard as nails' gold star? Noticed on the way in that a Nissan Micra got squished by a fallen tree about a mile down the road - probably for the best.

Ah, I suppose you're coming in from the southeast, so this mornings cross-tail for me coming in from the southwest, was more of a cross-head for you, so yes, definite gold star :wink: . I think the wind is due to shift to a WNW later, so you should get blown home at a rate of knots.

I nearly span out 50-11 in a sprint for the lights with a chipped e-bike.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ah, I suppose you're coming in from the southeast, so this mornings cross-tail for me coming in from the southwest, was more of a cross-head for you, so yes, definite gold star :wink: . I think the wind is due to shift to a WNW later, so you should get blown home at a rate of knots.

Yay, I'm officially well 'ard :P Yep, I was definitely getting a decent bit of resistance coming in from the SE. I may try to rig up a makeshift sail for the ride home tonight.

Just having fun dishing out my opinion to all and sundry on Brexit. Unfortunately they're too tight to give me the budget for a crystal ball.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

Now, had you said 54 x 11...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Had to drive in with the EPO today, can't say I was sorry. I'll be wobbling in tomorrow in similar wind with added rain by the sounds of things.
    I've been watching the Brexit thread with a combination of amusement or despair, can't be bothered to post. Interesting hearing the comments form our shipping company and a shipping consultant yesterday. To say they are less than impressed with the way things are being handled would be an understatement. A crystal ball is the only way to find out I reckon because none of them seem to have a fookin Scooby.
    Today being Windsday I shall be going to a pub later, I am looking forward to a beer or five.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Now, had you said 54 x 11...

Chainstay shape means I don't have clearance for my preferred 54 tooth big chainring. :wink::lol:

All down to the wind and the wheels. Ain't no way my 45 year old bones are getting to that kind of pace without a considerable cross tailwind and the resultant "push" provided by my silly vanity wheels. In any case - no way I can hold that speed, it's hard enough work winding it up there, let alone maintaining it.

Just looked at the weather for tomorrow morning - V68 is right - it does look grim.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just looked at the weather for tomorrow morning - V68 is right - it does look grim.
    I'm always right. :lol:

I see the fake passport types are back. The forum is up so the spammers are out. :roll: