Alone on a Monday morning.

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,939
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
Is there no one else?

I'm at work, well not quite as i don't start for another 15 minutes, so I'm eating my breakfast.

Today brings my appraisal. Deep joy. I might mention to the tw@t that it probably wasn't a good idea to send me the appointment last thing on the Friday so that it would be in the back of my mind all weekend. :evil:

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

I think people are giving the forum a while to recover after the weekend's 502503 showcase.

It was chilly and windy this morning on the short ride this morning, but nice and dry and sunny. Seems to have clouded over now :(

I had my appraisal last week, which was a bit of a waste of time. I only had 2 days to fill the form in (not over a weekend though) and it was all wrong anyway, so got a roasting for not having done things that I wasn't supposed to be doing and it was very much a one way thing like usual.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Morning all. Chilly but bright. Grotty weather to come this week I fear. Slight left hook off a scooter this morning, though no damage done - low speed, spidey senses.

On the theme of appraisals, I passed my probation on Friday. 6 months has flown past.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

eventful here. good news via email from above that covers our backs bullet proof stylee on some stuff, all chilled out. nice.

kingrollo has gone overboard using the "r" word on one of his posts, so very naughty there.

apart from that looking good. i may go for a drive in a bit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Error 418 I'm a teapot would sum up today, HTCPCP jokes aside, least we didnt have spam about passports.

Seems I've inherited a new role which I didnt want so shall be trying to shirk that one off.

Windy out despite the weather person stating it was the calmest day of the week. Shall we take up kite surfing?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Have I missed something?

Still feeling the effects of a heavy weekend, you'd think I'd have learnt not to invite loads of people round on a Sunday and offer to cook.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning, back from London and just about alive. can't say it was a productive day of work, even by the standards of Monday.

Sorted out a weekend to France to buy champagne... and watch the Roubaix. Just need to plan the important part.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    ...kingrollo has gone overboard using the "r" word on one of his posts, so very naughty there.

Link please,

Bloody chilly today.
    3hrs in a meeting with T and C and biscuits. So it wasn't too bad.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    It's back at last, how was the Cold Turkey folks?

I gave up on the forum after lunch and just got on with stuff at work. Did a bit of cycling today so I've earned a drink :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Couple of pints to celebrate becoming a real employee. Rode back home. Wheeee.
    Bleh though. If you're not used to it, it's a bit meh.
  • pinno
    edited March 2019
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo I don't believe that, do work. You need to have a serious word with yourself. As to drink yes I agree, you deserve a pint for cycling. Pint of water that is.

Unfortunately; before it was 1 day of work = 6 tanks of diesel and 4 times around blighty. Now it's 6 days of work = 1 tank of petrol which will get him to the local Tesco petrol station (to fill up again) and back.
    Astute accountants will note that is actually 12 days of work to do the latter but even without this deep numerical understanding, you see my point.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Couple of pints to celebrate becoming a real employee. Rode back home. Wheeee.
    Bleh though. If you're not used to it, it's a bit meh.

A couple of pints is indeed 'meh'.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo I don't believe that, do work. You need to have a serious word with yourself. As to drink yes I agree, you deserve a pint for cycling. Pint of water that is.
    Oxo, not sure what else I was meant to do in the office without this place to post bollox on? Now enjoying some Sith Ifrican plonk.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Oxo, not sure what else I was meant to do in the office without this place to post bollox on? Now enjoying some Sith Ifrican plonk.

Gid?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Gid?
    Yis.