sungod Posts: 16,437
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, many webexes, do stuff, perhaps scoff more pancakes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    There a lot of ditched between Scotland and Essex. Where would we start to look?

Morning All, just passing through sunny Brixton on the train. Pity it has to stop. A morning of work then off to a 'networking' lunch (aka p1ss up) hosted by a bunch of recruitment consultants. Fortunately no former mods will be involved.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Still feeling dizzy and coughing stuff up.
    Car's at the garage so hiked to the train station to be met with the dreaded rail replacement bus. Suppose things can only get better.
    oxoman wrote:
    Gentle bimble in and it turned out warmer than expected so turned up sweating like a porker.
    My weather app said it was 9 degrees outside so went out in just a T shirt. It was more like 0.9 degrees with ice patches everywhere.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited March 2019
    Happy Fryday folks,
    Early start for an early finish, well it is POETS day after all. Cafe for lunch then meeting the Mrs in a pub later. Quite a pleasant wobble in this morning, sunny and a bit fresh but little wind. Why can't all days be like this, but not like Thistle's.
    #prayforHayden
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    This morning I woke up 60.

Where the hell did that all go?

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I guess waking up at 60 is better than the alternative Slog. Congratulations, I recommend drinking as though you were a teenager. The hangover may take a little longer to recover from.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Smashed it in at hardman speeds. Now a fat sweaty mess.

Head down, still too much to do, at least it's Friday and I'm not eating a rotting squirrel by the side of a road in Lincolnshire.

#prayforhayden
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Happy birthday slog, poor Hayden will never reach 60 #prayforhayden

WFH today so all good
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Capt Slog wrote:
    This morning I woke up 60.

Where the hell did that all go?

Congrats Slog

full here today, being slow roped into supporting some IT nonsense, one of the questions they asked me was "how can we support GitHub" I didnt know if they were serious but appears they are so thats going to be a fun chat.

Coffee being inhaled and work related activities to look do.

#PrayforHayden
  • hopkinb
    Many happy returns Capt Slog!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    @ Slog: You've outlived Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, John Lennon... Good one.

Perhaps Hayden is in a ditch with a prossie.

It's 'orrible and it was not forecast but still going into the sticks for Coffee and cake or maybe soup. depends what's on offer. They do a Cream of Brie and Courgette. It's as gorgeous as Claire the cook bum.

Laters.

#UKditchshaggingclub
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Why can't all days be like this, but not like Thistle's.
    #prayforHayden
    Hmm, my train was cancelled because the traincrew were MIA, a bit like Hayden. Maybe there were some shennanigans going on around the midlands last night?
    #prayforhayden
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.

This particular 'milestone birthday' is a bit different for me to some of the others. It's the first one where i haven't been able to think to myself "well that's halfway", even as an outside chance :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• hopkinb
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.

This particular 'milestone birthday' is a bit different for me to some of the others. It's the first one where i haven't been able to think to myself "well that's halfway", even as an outside chance :)

Jeez, I'm "only" 45, and I haven't thought "well, that's halfway" for about 10 years. :?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Does Stevo think he'll hit 102?

#Haydenisminced
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    Does Stevo think he'll hit 102?

#Haydenisminced
    Age is just a number. A bit like my power and torque outputs :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Just thought i would have a look,oh.