More changes to BC discount, this time Evans?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited March 2019 in Commuting chat
Anyone else get an email from Evans this week saying the BC 10% discount would now only apply to RRP, not existing offers? Same as the recent change at CRC, though didn't see a mention of a minimum spend at Evans...

They've sent me a new code and presume it takes immediate effect. Narked as was about to go for a Gore Shakedry jacket they had on offer. The 10% on top would have made it a "reasonable" price, but not now :roll:
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Yeah, bit rubbish.

Might be worth trying the old/new codes to see if they work - you've nothing to lose by trying after all.

I guess you can't blame them, I mean, they did go out of business as a result of not making enough money after all.

Can't imagine that this plus the new £5 delivery charge is doing them many favours in terms of sales volume though.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    TimothyW wrote:
    Yeah, bit rubbish.

Might be worth trying the old/new codes to see if they work - you've nothing to lose by trying after all.

I guess you can't blame them, I mean, they did go out of business as a result of not making enough money after all.

Can't imagine that this plus the new £5 delivery charge is doing them many favours in terms of sales volume though.

Damn, I'd forgotten about the new standard £4.99 delivery as well. Cant be doing their sales any good at all...
    That Shakedry jacket is looking less and less of a good deal. Shame as seemingly due to rain all next week where i am, and I had planned some days off to get out on the bike :roll:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    TimothyW wrote:

click & collect is still free
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Which is lovely but the vast majority of the UK population don't live within 15 minutes of a branch of Evans cycles, and wiggle will deliver for free (and probably cost less in the first place).