good day ,,

it's the first topic for me and i wish to get the best help

i'v bought new Road bike, Disc brake 12x142 for rear axle

everything was ok for the first 3 months for the axle, it operates good

then it became hard to be tighten in/out

i have changed the rear derailleur hanger by new one

but the problem still exist !

can someone help me ,, i start hating my bike cause of this issue

FYI : every couple days, i change the rear wheel by the (Turbo trainer wheel) for indoor training

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Add some grease.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Mulhem
    Mulhem Posts: 7
    cooldad wrote:
    Add some grease.

i'v already done this .. nothing changed
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Mulhem wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Add some grease.

i'v already done this .. nothing changed
    What size bike is it? It sounds farmed, if its my size ill re cycle it for you for free. You’ll be carbon neutral then
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why did you replace the gear hanger ?

Could it be related ? Or have you bent the axle someone ? That would make it harder to get in and out ?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    cougie wrote:

Could it be related ? Or have you bent the axle someone ? That would make it harder to get in and out ?

The mech hanger on thru-axle bikes usually contains a thread for the qr to wind into. Try to isolate the issue further, by removing the wheel, then fitting the qr into the frame without the wheel in place. Also try fitting the qr through the wheel when it is out. That should help identify where the problem is...
  • Mulhem
    cougie wrote:

actually ,, i was inspecting my bike ,, found the one of the hangers isn't tighten fully (not the one holding the derailleur)

but there was no issue while i riding the bike even for high speed

i just asked a mechanical, he just said this hanger must be tighten fully , so it won't affect the frame

when we just tighten the hanger, it became hard for the axle to tight in/out

so now i'm confused whither to loosen the hanger's bolt or i don't know what to do
  • Mulhem
    Imposter wrote:
    cougie wrote:

The mech hanger on thru-axle bikes usually contains a thread for the qr to wind into. Try to isolate the issue further, by removing the wheel, then fitting the qr into the frame without the wheel in place. Also try fitting the qr through the wheel when it is out. That should help identify where the problem is...

i'v tried this one ,, but it's still the same