Bizango or Avalanche

jaylockwood1978
jaylockwood1978 Posts: 9
edited March 2019 in MTB buying advice
Good morning all, hoping to draw on some expert knowledge.
I have £650 approx to spend using the cycle to work scheme and am limited to Halfords, cycle republic and Tredz.

Not knowing a great deal about bikes I think I have narrowed it down to the
GT Avalance (can’t decide between comp or elite)

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.GT-Avalanche-C ... 28279.htm#

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.GT-Avalanche-E ... 128280.htm

And the Voodoo Bizango from Halfords.

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... reId=10001

I mainly use it for forest trails and riding with my little boy using a kids seat and the occasional trail centre (Cannock chase, firestbof dean etc)

Any help massively appreciated,

Thank you

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Of the two GT's the Elite is much much better, well worth the extra, but still no contest with the Bizango.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Plus the Bizango you can get 20% off with their current promotion just by trading in an old cycle helmet for example so takes it down to £520.
  • Plus the Bizango you can get 20% off with their current promotion just by trading in an old cycle helmet for example so takes it down to £520.

Really? Will have a look at that. Does that still work even on the cycle to work scheme do you know?

Really? Will have a look at that. Does that still work even on the cycle to work scheme do you know?

I don't think it will work with the cycle2work scheme as such promotions exclude that normally. I think the cycle2work scheme only allows for pre-discounted bikes before you enter a code. If you had a cycle2work voucher and were buying online you could only enter one code I believe. Worth checking though.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    With 20% off and a guaranteed ownership state, there's less advantage of C2W in any event other than the obvious cash flow.

Trade in an aldi-cheap-as-chips helmet for £130 off a bike is a very easy to access deal!!
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • larkim wrote:
    With 20% off and a guaranteed ownership state, there's less advantage of C2W in any event other than the obvious cash flow.

Trade in an aldi-cheap-as-chips helmet for £130 off a bike is a very easy to access deal!!

Emailed them and the 20% off is valid with cycle to work. Bonus!
  • oxoman wrote:
    Get it done sharpish, their deals don't last that long.
    On until 3rd April so just waiting for my letter of confirmation to come through!!