tuesday tough on hr, tough on the causes of hr

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, first webex, haven't yet decided the rest of the day, perhaps cake
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning,frosty by the look of it, best get off to work
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Cold in the house, so not looking forward to walking hound and hybrid commute
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    pouring down and windy. utterly horrible. gopping.

TDV has flown out so a bit of first thing in the morning chaos here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    sunny but windynippy here, first coffee and croissant downed, pancakes in a while
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    massive attack of the tireds here. went to the gym, sat there, left. now cowboy time so coffee, steak & chips.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    I'm disappointed in the lack of pancakes in the thread title.

4.7/10
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

4.7/10

Pancakes at our house circa 6pm, I get home at circa 7pm :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Pancakes on Sunday for me, Mrs P and toots.
    Yes, I make them and no, they are simple. I like making both Crepe and thick one's. Thick one's fill 'em up.

I was more disappointed with the lack of probable murder or pineapple in his post.

3/10

'orrible here. Have lit baby Bertha so will be cushty cushty soon. Might have a nap,
    Yesterday was stairs, today shopping and tomorrow the world.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Oooh - I'd forgotten about pancakes.

Pancakes for dinner it is then.

Or is it supper?
    Or tea?

Who knows?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

4.7/10

Pancakes this evening, may even make the dog one.

Pineapple pancakes may be on the menu as well.

Morning spent messing about in Powerpoint, MS in the infinite wisdom changed the file format for the theme and decided to change the default location for them as well so that was tedious.

After two hours swearing I managed to prise the end caps off the tricons, thoroughly ruined them as well so waiting to get an idea of cost. tempted to bin them off free hubs chewed nicely as well and spares are getting a bit sparse, all hassle.

Later will be eating solely pancakes five course meal style more than likely.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    ...pancakes...

Do you see what you have done?

Where's Hoppy? I bet he's tucked a few pancakes away.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Luckily I'm not fussed about pancakes so no rush to get home. Think I'll make in 'wine day' instead :)

Feeling a bit better for riding in (first time in a week and a half) and straight into calorie deficit. Anyhow, it's annual appraisal time so the minions are being extra nice to me, strangely.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Gopping. Wet sleety gopping.

I had a good nap. Now more coffee.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I thought having an HR was a good thing, people boast about low ones so you don't want too much HR.
    Another busy day here, I seem to have made more work for myself again by trying to fix historical problems, ho hum. Managed to wobble in today, couldn't use one gear at all and one other was skipping slightly. I was hoping the cassette was alright as the chain was only at 0.75, seems I was wrong. However I have some full hydraulic bakes with 11 speed shifters that were waiting for spring. So do I buy a cheap 10 speed cassette or take the plunge and go 11 speed now? The 10 speed will probably get put on the boys old steel frame so it won't go to waste.
    Pancakes tonight, I will be the top tosser as ever.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    I thought your job was all about solving 'historical problems'.

Stick to 10 - cheap and readily available. I find so little difference between 10 and 11. I have 10 on the Winter hack and 11 on the sparkly summer machine. Also, you don't have to keep the 10 as clean if you want it to change properly for as long as possible without cleaning, which is right up your/my street.
  • Matthewfalle
    i concur with my learned friend Pinno that there is absolutely no difference between 11 & 10 speed no matter how much clubbies tell you there is, howver if its going 11 speed anyhow and you need new bits for it now just bring the wholle shebang forwards

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Concur with the concurrences, I have 11 on one 10 on another, I cant tell the difference bar theres more clicking needed for the big cog on the back.
  • pinno
    I am glad that I find myself concurring with the re-occurring concurrences.
  • veronese68
    I concur with all of the concurrences, at least I would but for the fact that the 10 speed is cable so I have the Parabox hydraulic converter under the stem. The change to 11 speed is to go to proper full hydraulics and everything will look neater, functionality will hopefully be slightly improved. It's pretty good already and I shouldn't have bothered but was tempted by seriously cheap Ultegra hydraulic set up just after the old man shuffled off, so I tried to console myself with needless retail therapy.
    Anyway I've ordered a discounted 10 speed cassette from Evans for the time being, might have ordered new Ultegra mech and an 11 speed cassette from Sigma as well. :oops:
    Garage that was servicing my car have welded the rear box back onto the car for the time being, hopefully it will last until I get the new one. Car doesn't sound like a wet fart any more at least.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I ...hydraulic...hydraulics...hydraulic...

But, but... you don't go fast enough to warrant better braking.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...so I tried to console myself with needless retail therapy.

Why didn't you say that in the first place?! Go full on Campag SR carbon 11 electronic.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm fookin busy. Fookin work.

Just made mini a shyte load of pancakes. She had 7.

All about 11 speed. Last time I had 10 speed was a 2x5. 11 speed 11-28 cassettes from sram have the 16 tooth cog, which is a smashing cog. The best cog. Shimano go 17 to 15. Which is cack. I need the 28 to get my fat arse up steep hills.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm fookin busy. Fookin work
    There is a certain amount of truth in this:

Dilbert-Karoshi.gif
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I ...hydraulic...hydraulics...hydraulic...

But, but... you don't go fast enough to warrant better braking.
    This is true, but it’s not all about the speed. Stoppiness on a cold, wet November morning when some zombified podestrian steps out is quite a useful thing.
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...so I tried to console myself with needless retail therapy.

Why didn't you say that in the first place?! Go full on Campag SR carbon 11 electronic.
    Probably more than I could manage, especially as I would have to hang it off a bespoke Pegoretti and he is deaded too.
  • pinno
    I'll have the Pegoretti. It'll offset the purchase of shiny bits.
  • veronese68
    10 speed cassette bought on the way home and fitted before I started the evening's tossing.