edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

lazy day, i predict cafes, pineapple

bring back the sun, enough of this cloudy gloom
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    our heads hurt. like really hurt. people better not hurt themselves today.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Scorchio day, at a "balmy" 39 deg C. Too hot to do much outside, so went browsing for home reno stuff, time to get a few things underway round here.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    No Stevo?! I guess he's doing doughnuts in a car park in front of a crowd of envious proletariats.
    [Just don't break down and make sure the exit is clear of shopping trolleys, tyres and whatever is lying around]

Today is mainly toots troubles so far. The silly pair. Hopefully, they will shift soonish and I can get back to pottering around. This will be mainly putting another coat of paint on the callipers and some 'home baking'.
    Plenty of volume in those tins but they are very low on pigment.

Bit nauseous still, so might need some more coffee.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    So far I've managed a good lie in, a trip to the tip, a trip to Tesco and washing seagull sh1t off the windscreen - occupational hazard of being in Redka I suppose.

Off to see my old dear again once I've had some food then it's the long trek South listening to footy and a spot of DAB. Better read the manual before I set off and see how some of the bits 'n' pieces work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I've had me hair cut.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    And around and around and around we go... sang somebody or other.

Ageing M-I-L discharged home from hospital after being readmitted for post op problems after breaking her femur. Good.

On same day, female twin grandchild admitted to same hospital, different ward, viral lung infection, pneumonia on one lung, low oxygen sats. Bad.

Just when we thought yip, can relax this weekend. Now twin sitting for the rel healthy one.

I need a holiday. At least had foresight to record Omloop so maybe, later, can sit down and watch some. No spoilers please.
  • Matthewfalle
    soooo tired. drinking Trapiche Medalla Melbec 2015. Very smooooooooooth.

must be tired as contemplating a Giant Propel - the one with the integral seat post. £1500 off. temted for cheap spedd but its still a whack of cash.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening,

Did stuff, cooked dinner now sampling some local ales.

Toodles
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening
    Normal tedium has resumed. Was feeling quite sprightly for someone who was up for 22 hours yesterday, until about half an hour ago.
    Managed to watch bohemian rhapsody on that Cineworld IMAX festival: £6 for 2 of us :mrgreen: the end stops for my chainstay have also arrived so might be back up to more than 1 working bike tomorrow.
    Manflu won't go away though.
    must be tired as contemplating a Giant Propel - the one with the integral seat post. £1500 off. temted for cheap spedd but its still a whack of cash.
    Is that the spare bike for the turbo?
  • Matthewfalle

was going to be all yearround cheap speed. ride it into the ground then chuck away.

losing interest in it rapidly.

theres absoloutely nothing out there that interests me that isn't massively overpriced.

S3?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    was going to be all yearround cheap speed. ride it into the ground then chuck away.

theres absoloutely nothing out there that interests me that isn't massively overpriced.

S3?
    Maybe something second hand that's quick but also a laugh to ride? (Not sure if you can have both on a TT bike) £1500 off a propel doesn't seem too bad though.
    I know a couple of people who bought cheap TT bike frames and parts from China and built the bike themselves. I think the fun part of that was the excitement at not knowing whether it was going to snap and kill you.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long day of jobs and entertaining kids until the wife got back from her jolly

Nice meal out with parents and brothers family - ferkin expensive though :(
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So far I've managed a good lie in, a trip to the tip...

C63 AMG = Posh skip
  • Stevo_666
    The blokes who worked at the tip seemed to like it. Apparently these waste management types know what they''re talking about.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The blokes who worked at the tip seemed to like it. Apparently these waste management types know what they''re talking about.

We know decent quality scrap metal when we see it.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

We drive decent quality scrap metal when we see it.
    FTFY :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The combined age of all 3 vehicles I own, is 63.
  • Wheelspinner

S3?
    A couple of decent buys at Merlin at good prices if the sizes fit...

https://www.merlincycles.com/colnago-v1r-road-bike-frameset-73029.html

https://www.merlincycles.com/sensa-giul ... 06277.html

What's the budget?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    88!!!
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    88!!!

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

70's Mini?

Right. let's see.
    ...the combined age of all 3 of my bikes (2 bikes, 1 frame) is 45.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Good game, good game. 32 for my current 3. I sold 2 which would have added another 25, and I donated my very first 70s era Carlton Corsair to a local bike charity who recycle them to developing countries.
  • Stevo_666
    Bike-wise I'm on 33 for 4. Sounds like the England cricket team.
  • veronese68
    Motorised fleet is aged most by a Triumph Bonneville that’s 3 weeks older than I am. Just need to put it back together. Mini is 1990.
    Bicycle wise every decade from the 60s on are represented.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Motorised fleet is aged most by a Triumph Bonneville that’s 3 weeks older than I am. Just need to put it back together. Mini is 1990.
    Bicycle wise every decade from the 60s on are represented.
    We could have a winner on both fronts. My automotive average is ruined by my newborn, which true to form is noisy, thirsty and flatulent.
  • veronese68
    The Bonnie is noisy and flatulent but not very thirsty even when it’s running. Spits flames on the overrun, that scares some people.
  • Wheelspinner
    Oldest 3 motor vehicles adds to 46. Oldest 3 bicycles adds to 59.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The Bonnie is noisy and flatulent but not very thirsty even when it’s running. Spits flames on the overrun, that scares some people.
    My old Evo had an anti-lag switch which was quite handy for minor firework displays and toasting people's bumpers when they got too close at the traffic lights :) Sadly they're getting a bit tighter on running decat these days.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bike-wise I'm on 33 for 4. Sounds like the England cricket team.

:D:D:D

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Re ages - who knows. 9 bicycles all of varying stuff, a 1989 RGV 250, the MIGHTY HONDA, etc.

I prefer to say "27" to any age related questions.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.