Friday eating cheese sandwiches in the shadow of the Himalayas

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,121
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning

Off to the airport shortly , the sherpas turned up early and have already taken my bags. Might avoid rush hour at this rate.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning spitting with rain whilst I was walking Tigger, I have to pop into Siemens office this morning for some paperwork, next week will see me working again which will be locally for 10 days
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning

office, much coffee, probably pancakes, switch from mentoring to extermination, some are beyond redemption
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH as the wife is away tonight

Still need to build the table football for the youngest, but keep going out :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Just stuffing my face with a hotel brekkie. Off to collect the new toy in a bit then it's a long drive to Redcar, so a bit of this cranked up on the stereo seems appropriate:
    https://youtu.be/gEPmA3USJdI
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Happy damned Fryday. Never mind cheese sandwiches I'll be eating fried pig based products in sight of Hanworth Library. Other than that a busy day ahead and looking forward to the weekend. Lots to do so I'd better crack on, tea first of course.
    Enjoy the drive Stevo.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Yes, enjoy the long drive in the new car, but try not to get nicked or put it in a ditch first time out Stevo. :wink:

Finish line in sight. Been a long short week.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, office day again. Resisting the urge to buy a new mtb, can't ride it this weekend or next so I'm in no rush, just impatient. A guy in my office has some new Bose noise cancelling over ear headphones so I'm going to use my valuable work time looking at headphones online...
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, office day again. Resisting the urge to buy a new mtb, can't ride it this weekend or next so I'm in no rush, just impatient. A guy in my office has some new Bose noise cancelling over ear headphones so I'm going to use my valuable work time looking at headphones online...

After doing the same thing, I bought the Sony equivalent. WHMX1000-3. They are excellent.
  • haydenm
    I also watched 'The Defiant Ones' recently and because I'm, highly susceptible to advertising I'm considering Beats. I do have some Sennheiser HD 280 PRO IIs which I bought for Music Technology A-level but they are 10 years old and are really monitor headphones. Want noise cancelling due to thin office walls and inconsiderate colleagues plus travelling
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dull grey and dull here in flat shire. Good start to the day split coffee down me so I reckon I should avoid any further activities.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    HaydenM wrote:
    I also watched 'The Defiant Ones' recently and because I'm, highly susceptible to advertising I'm considering Beats. I do have some Sennheiser HD 280 PRO IIs which I bought for Music Technology A-level but they are 10 years old and are really monitor headphones. Want noise cancelling due to thin office walls and inconsiderate colleagues plus travelling
    Don't get Beats. Very over-priced for the performance you get.

Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Bowers & Wilkins, Kef, & Sony are your best bet for good ones. Focal, Audeze, Audioquest etc if the budget is big.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    First official day of autumn for us. 30 deg C, no wind, no cloud. Tomorrow will be 37 deg. Ironically, we're going shopping for a new fireplace.

Very busy work morning and earned an early mark for a change. Faffed about in shed with bike # 7 shortening up brake lines. Next problem, fix dodgy headset.

Green curry chicken with water chestnut for dinner.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Oh no, not another audio geek thread!

Is it this?:

15074010.jpg

Or this?:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShd62UUuxud1y0Ze_BZHL5QyVBfUzyPbhDVpHoGypVFAftOD4T

Chilly. Today i'll be venturing out with the mad sparky to look at a job.
    Mustn't forget the crutches.

Don't bend that thing Stevo, unless you choose to bend it around Hanworth Library.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Don't know if the noise cancelling aspect is the most important part to me. Sound quality is definitely higher up on my list, unfortunately I have no fixed ideas of budget...
  • Wheelspinner
    If you spend a lot of time on planes or in noisy places, its can be worthwhile tech, but otherwise I'd spend the same money on better sound quality.

Having said that, I've been using some plain B&W in-ear phones for ages and find them just fine on planes, no need for the noise cancelling feature.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    If its sound quality certainly avoid Beats, I let my friend borrow my wireless AKG's she was shocked at the difference an they aren't even an expensive set.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pinno wrote:
    Is it this?:
    Yes, you can see why I call this area a dump. Considering we used to be based in Richmond it's a considerable come down. Stomach rumbling, looking forward to some scoff.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Working from work, as is the norm.

We're all going to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow... No idea why (well I do really) as all the animals will be indoors shivering. Well all those that aren't warming themselves by the fire.

Run after work then upping the distance to ~15 miles on Sunday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    If its sound quality certainly avoid Beats, I let my friend borrow my wireless AKG's she was shocked at the difference an they aren't even an expensive set.

The Beats I tried when they came out were bass heavy and muddy sounding, not great for metal (30% ish of their use I'd guess).
  • pinno
    Is Stevo dead yet?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Is Stevo dead yet?
    Made it up North and avoided ditches & coppers. Traffic was cack though, typical Friday afternoon. Just visiting the old dear then dropping in on other family.

People did wonder why there was a bloke in a car headed up the A1 grinning like an idiot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    ...and for a change, it wasn't Paul Gascoigne heading to the pub.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    drunk on cheap white wine watching Soft Cell docu on BBC4. hangover kicking in already.. on duty tomorrow from early until late. it may hurt.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Evening all. Cheap white wine, well chilled, is the drink of choice of all the best caners. I favour Viña Sol. 11.5%, 6 quid a bottle, goes down a treat. You barely even notice it.

Stronger than beer, won't strip your oesophagus like spirits. Perfect.
  • hopkinb
    Soft cell is the fella who had the car crash? All the different kinds of, erm, gentleman's relish. Or so the urban myth goes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Soft Celling on a slightly delayed, watch from the start on iPlayer. Well good Thai in town, preceded by couple of Old Hooky beers, food accompanied by Chilean SB and, train home in between, finishing off with a tasty Malbec. Pretty 'kin good Friday.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Soft cell is the fella who had the car crash? All the different kinds of, erm, gentleman's relish. Or so the urban myth goes.

M/bike crash and yes. Grew up with their first album, Tainted Love is actually a coverthat is better than the original.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    ...and for a change, it wasn't Paul Gascoigne heading to the pub.
    Not that far off...

Absolutely knackered as I was awake before 5am just like any kid on Christmas day. Looking forward to the 265 mile drive home tomorrow.