Triggers broom.

Bikerider82
Bikerider82 Posts: 21
edited March 2019 in MTB buying advice
Hi all. I have the opportunity to buy my mates Cannondale trigger 3. The thing is there is very little spec review on the 2015 model. Also it's a 650b and iam 6ft4 so would it look ok not that iam too fussed but will it be like me on a 26" :oops: . Anyway any info would be grand. Trust me I've searched and searched but no joy. Cheers in advance

Comments

• Apologies pal it's an XL so 21" I believe
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Hi all. I have the opportunity to buy my mates Cannondale trigger 3. The thing is there is very little spec review on the 2015 model. Also it's a 650b and iam 6ft4 so would it look ok not that iam too fussed but will it be like me on a 26" :oops: . Anyway any info would be grand. Trust me I've searched and searched but no joy. Cheers in advance

https://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/Bik ... em=1322603

Wheel size is less relevant (what did tall people ride when you could only get 26" bikes?)

As has been said - correct frame size is more important. My mate is 6`'4" and always ridden 21" frames (even in 26" wheels).
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    ... it's a 650b and iam 6ft4 so would it look ok ...

Your height and the wheel size are not related.
    Frame size is what matters, particularly the reach.
    Test ride the bike and see how it feels. There is quite a lot of reach adjustment that can be made by sliding the saddle fore and aft, rolling the bars, raising or lowering the stem and changing the stem.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Spot on thank you all for the input. I've come from a 29er that is all which looked in proportion to my height and that was a 21 5 inch frame if anything I had to put a shorter stem on as it reached to far. But each bike is different so. Iam going to see it on Tuesday so will let you know what the score is.