Shimano Dura Ace C35's

Shaun67
Shaun67 Posts: 219
edited February 2019 in Road buying advice
Has anyone any experience or views on a set of Shimano Dura Ace 7900 C35 Tubular wheels ?

I would be interested to hear what you think.

Comments

• They might not fit 11 speed cassettes...

Other than that, I'm sure the rims are ace
    left the forum March 2023
  • Shaun67
    Shaun67 Posts: 219
    Yes. only 10 speed but that's not a problem.

I've been offered a brand new never used set through a mate of a mate at a "come and get me price" !
    The wheels look stunning but I'm aware they could be a 5/6 year old design.
  • I've a set of RS81 C35 which use the same rim. Great wheels but are narrow by modern standards. They take a 25mm tyre ok, although it does 'lightbulb' a bit. I sometimes notice it in strong crosswinds
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • I've a set of RS81 C35 which use the same rim. Great wheels but are narrow by modern standards. They take a 25mm tyre ok, although it does 'lightbulb' a bit. I sometimes notice it in strong crosswinds

This is irrelevant, as the OP's are tubulars
    left the forum March 2023
  • Not tubular but Ive had a set for about 4 years / 12000 miles
    They have been absolutely bombproof. I am 110Kg and they are still perfectly true despite multiple potholes and one very heavy crash!
    Cant recommend enough.
  • I had a set until i got rid of my last ten speed bike. Cracking, tough and fast.

Quality stuff
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    'Cracking' might not be the most appropriate description, but C35 tubs are awesome wheels. If you are ok with 10sp, then go for it.
  • Imposter wrote:
    'Cracking' might not be the most appropriate description, but C35 tubs are awesome wheels. If you are ok with 10sp, then go for it.
    Could get an Edco 11 fits 10 cassette.
    Am I right in thinking the C35 tubulars are full carbon whereas clinchers are aluminium rims with carbon fairing?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Imposter wrote:
    Could get an Edco 11 fits 10 cassette.
    Am I right in thinking the C35 tubulars are full carbon whereas clinchers are aluminium rims with carbon fairing?

Yes - the hub is the same, but the rim is completely different..