Monday funday

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,121
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning from the land of sand.
Who knew they had a Costa coffee here? It's too hot here, going to have an ice cream then look for a shower.
Where is everyone? :roll:

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just having an orange juice before I walk the dog,it seems a bit on the cold side side at the moment
    Have a good week
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

office of many coffees, stuff, perhaps pancakes, later pineapple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Strifey usually asks me to scrape the ice off her car on a morning, looks like she didn't check this time :) Job avoided, now on the train into town where more fun and games await on the corporate hamster wheel.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    One day off means grief on return :( got a cold too so that stuffs training
  • Boring day. Had the attention span of the average blowfly for work, so I browsed online shopping opportunities for things I don't need. Nothing bought (yet).
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    There are international time zones thistle.

Beautiful, slightly misty morning here. Vary calm. Toots are at school. More coffee to be had and then...
    What to do when you have a dodgy hip, a little bit of nausea, I have no idea. It's not as if you lot are going to provide much entertainment and worse, I cannot even post pics of special ladies from my secret stash any more :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no sign that hogs ate any food last night, but left it out in case.

Icy car looked icy this morning pedalled in and was moaned at again my bag looks to "military" may lob it all in a Musette tomorrow see what they make of that.

SG, pineapple Pancakes?

Quiet day updating gumph for a mid day comm call then walk about for a bit my legs ache today.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, no sign that hogs ate any food last night, but left it out in case.

Icy car looked icy this morning pedalled in and was moaned at again my bag looks to "military" may lob it all in a Musette tomorrow see what they make of that.

SG, pineapple Pancakes?

Quiet day updating gumph for a mid day comm call then walk about for a bit my legs ache today.

unless you have a camouflage bag how can it look too military?

anyhow, school run done, weights weighted, just found out they sent 4 of our blokes 300 miles from where they should have been and when they arrived at where they shouldn't have been obviously all their paperwork was in a totally different place so they didn't know who they was or why they was there.

onwards and upwards.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, ...today.

anyhow, school run done, weights weighted, just found out they sent 4 of our blokes 300 miles from where they should have been and when they arrived at where they shouldn't have been obviously all their paperwork was in a totally different place so they didn't know who they was or why they was there.

onwards and upwards.

Not into Iraq again?! :roll: I tell you. those Bravo Two Zero boys cause a lot of bother.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Big forked Spruce to take down today, get in ahead of the start of March and the nesting birds directive timings; though recent balmy weather means the tweeters are sounding busy already.

Yet another forest tree to be removed from a domestic village garden setting. Previous owner's penchant for planting these big barstewards everywhere baffles me. Taken out over a hundred of these coniferous bleeps now. Though have enough firewood stacked drying to last years and years.
  • step83

onwards and upwards.

I dunno

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-delivery-lima.html

Its black, I have a black an white union jack velcro patch on it, just people whinging for the sake of it.

Who read what wrong on that one though Matt, someone I venture will be rather sheepish pretty soon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Very busy here again. The problem with having a good weekend is that it makes Monday seem even more painful. The wobble in to work this morning was more wobbly than usual as I took the female child's Dutch bike in. I had a fit of stupidity the other day and said that if the company was supporting a team doing the L2B I would do it on the Dutch bike with a few cold beers in the basket and still beat the rest of them to Brighton. It's easily achievably but it will be hard work and uncomfortable.
    Been conversing with a very kindly forumite directly about exhaust parts. Hope it all works out, pesky cars.
    Lad was down for the weekend as it was the EPO's birthday last week, the fridge needs replenishing now. Other than that all is well with the world. Well enough that I can't really moan too much.
    Hope the nausea passes soon Piña.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:

onwards and upwards.

I dunno

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-delivery-lima.html

Its black, I have a black an white union jack velcro patch on it, just people whinging for the sake of it.

Who read what wrong on that one though Matt, someone I venture will be rather sheepish pretty soon.

that quite cool and in black not military at all. no one uses black bags because nothing in nature is black. tell them they are being silly.

not sure who made the mess up but glad its not me ......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Thats what I thought, unless its actually military Ninja's. Can't please them all I guess, has a "concealed carry pocket" because Merica. Don't think I've ever used that pocket its got so many others.

Least its not your mess up.

V68, I'm sure I saw somewhere the other day a mesh gilet that can hold up to 7 bottles. I'm sure you could stash the beers in then cool them in the sea an have enough time before the rest turn up. Means you could use a more suitable bike at least.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Been off with mini. We've made a Celtic shield out of cardboard, yoghurt pot, bostik and pins. Also oxtail has been cooking to have with mash later, couple loads of washing, dog walked. It's weird outside. Like a warm April day. No good can come of this.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, cracking day here, took the dog for a walk at lunch without a jumper on (me, not the dog, he's a Labrador from a kennel in Aberdeen so no jumper needed). Had a pay review earlier, I'm the only person in the company to get a rise over 3% so I'm trying not to grin like an idiot and rub it in. (Pay rise due to promotion and the fact I'm on half what everyone else is on, nothing to rub in really...)

Might sack off and go and ride the borrowed mtb I have in my car, quality ride yesterday has got me excited about mtbs again. Unfortunately I did 130km on Saturday with 2.30hrs into a 25mph headwind on Saturday so didn't have the best legs for Sunday...
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Been off with mini. We've made a Celtic shield out of cardboard, yoghurt pot, bostik and pins.

Magic.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Been off with mini. We've made a Celtic shield out of cardboard, yoghurt pot, bostik and pins.

Magic.
    Give it ten years and it doesn't work as then you have to be adept at 'making' trendy branded goods out of hard earned cash.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Give it forty years and it doesn't work as then you have to be adept at giving concessions because you've spent your hard earned cash on a pricey toy and they're not buying into 'i'm skint' or 'we can't afford that'.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Give it forty years and it doesn't work as then you have to be adept at giving concessions because you've spent your hard earned cash on a pricey toy and they're not buying into 'i'm skint' or 'we can't afford that'.
    Never knew your cars cost so much, Mr. 'Mercandporka' :wink:
  • pinno
    ..and both cost less than 1 C63 AMG front alloy.

Don't kerb it :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Got the 360 degree parking camera in case Mrs. 666 ever has to park it :)

At least my front alloy won't fall to bits on a regular basis :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Got the 360 degree parking camera in case Mrs. 666 ever has to park it :)

If you duct taped Strifey* to the rear bumper, you could have saved yourself some money.

*Or next door neighbours cat.

#duck