Pike debonair

foo606
foo606 Posts: 113
edited March 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
So bought a Pike Dual position arrives Thursday to replace the Recon.
Ive heard good things about the Debonair upgrade .
Is it possible to get the upgrade for a Dual position Pike .
Any help be ideal cheers guys .

Comments

• foo606 wrote:
    So bought a Pike Dual position arrives Thursday to replace the Recon.
    Ive heard good things about the Debonair upgrade .
    Is it possible to get the upgrade for a Dual position Pike .
    Any help be ideal cheers guys .

No idea - aks these guys:

https://www.tftuned.com/servicing/16-rockshox-forks

Drop an email or call them. They are very helpful.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    According to RS the Debonair is only available if you use a single travel air shaft
    https://www.sram.com/sites/default/file ... de_kit.pdf
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • foo606
    So not available for dual position .I thought I read somewhere it had been done .I know bottomless tokens are not available but yet theres a way around that too .
    Whats different from solo air to dual position damper .
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nothing different between dual and solo position damper, it's the spring that changes!

Debonair changes the way the secondary air chamber is used (solo air is single fill but still a dual opposing air spring like the older dual air) to increase its volume and progression, if RS don't sell a Debonair air shaft I don't see how you can 'create' one.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • joebristol
    joebristol Posts: 327
    The solo air has a dimple on the inside of the stanchion to let the air equalise at some point. The dual position forks don’t have this as fair as I’m aware - so I think you’d need a new CSU from a solo air to do the debonair upgrade. Not really economically viable.
  • foo606
    Thanks for your replies it clarifies things for me .