Landis gives no sh!ts

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
edited April 2019 in Pro race
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/20 ... 122911002/
In the latest postscript to the decades-old saga, former pro cyclist Floyd Landis is challenging the legitimacy of the acting U.S. attorney general, Matthew Whitaker.

The challenge relates to a settlement in the civil fraud lawsuit that Landis filed against Armstrong in 2010. Most of that case ended this year, but part of it had been pending when President Donald Trump appointed Whitaker to replace Jeff Sessions on Nov. 7.

After reaching a settlement on that matter last week, Landis now is questioning the validity of the agreement because it required consent from the Justice Department under Whitaker.

“Though this motion may potentially go against his financial interests, Floyd is basically just trying to do the right thing here,” Landis’ attorney, Paul Scott, told USA TODAY. “The legitimacy of the (attorney general) happened to present itself in his case, so he decided to take a stand on the issue.”

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Fair enough, and since armstrong was poking trumps daughter it should be good for some tweet action too.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Fair enough, and since armstrong was poking trumps daughter it should be good for some tweet action too.

was he?

links please.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129

was he?

links please.

Apparently briefly. 2006 bidabang
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Google is your friend MFn.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    turns out she also went out with some dude called Bingo Kubelmann.

Now thats a cool name.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    turns out she also went out with some dude called Bingo Kubelmann.

Now thats a cool name.

Isn't he one of the Banana Splits (with an uncanny resemblance to Mark Cavendish)?
  • orraloon
    Listened today to latest Velonews podcast. Proudly sponsored by Floyd's Of Leadville, Mr Landis' operation, promoting the use of cannabinoids / CBD.

Hmm. Nothing double standards-ish there at all? Bearing in mind the Yanquis' (and others' of course) intense speculation about Mr Froome?
  • orraloon wrote:
    Listened today to latest Velonews podcast. Proudly sponsored by Floyd's Of Leadville, Mr Landis' operation, promoting the use of cannabinoids / CBD.

Hmm. Nothing double standards-ish there at all? Bearing in mind the Yanquis' (and others' of course) intense speculation about Mr Froome?

they have a dig at Froome? I need to hear this, I pre disposed to enjoying hearing about this sort of stuff since i feel personally cheated by wiggins getting away with it so far.
  • orraloon
    Not what I wrote. All cycling commentators were deep in speculation this time last year about Froome; go back and pick some at random if you need to refresh your memory.

My point was Velonews taking sponsorship from Floyd Landis' company, you know Landis the proven etc etc, and actively endorsing his CBD product lines. Taking money from a drugs cheat while promulgating rumours about other riders? Dubious moral ground.

Anyway, how does your master's record leave you feeling, Alejandro's dog?
  • orraloon wrote:
    Not what I wrote. All cycling commentators were deep in speculation this time last year about Froome; go back and pick some at random if you need to refresh your memory.

My point was Velonews taking sponsorship from Floyd Landis' company, you know Landis the proven etc etc, and actively endorsing his CBD product lines. Taking money from a drugs cheat while promulgating rumours about other riders? Dubious moral ground.

Anyway, how does your master's record leave you feeling, Alejandro's dog?

It leaves me fine though i wish he'd used jiffy bags and employed doctors that couldnt make it to hearings, then things would have been so much easier.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    “Several times Mr. Trump joked that he ‘could have had Tom Brady’ as a son-in-law. ‘Instead,’ the president said, according to five people who heard him, ‘I got Jared Kushner.'”

:lol:
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    LOL
    Breaking News: Floyd Announces Presidential Exploratory Committee As Green Candidate
    “America has been having a bit of a rough time: anxiety has risen, it hasn’t been sleeping well and parts of America hurt that didn’t hurt before," stated Landis. “It’s time to #relaxandrecover
    https://twitter.com/FloydLeadville/stat ... 3659522048

yes, yes, I know it was posted yesterday...

As an aside, anyone tried a bit of CBD to improve their cycling/recovery? Was struck by the variety of CBD options available from Holland & Barrett when I popped in this morning...
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I use CBD for sleep and I find it works very well for me. I don't know about for cycling recovery but it's the only non-prescription/natural thing I've found which actually does anything.

Don't buy it in H&B though, daylight robbery in there.