Training Peaks workouts - Wahoo BOLT and Trainer Control

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
Equipment:

Cycleops Magnus
Wahoo BOLT
Stages PM

If I create a workout in training peaks that syncs to my wahoo I want to ensure that the power being shown on screen is coming from my Stages not the Magnus. So on one of the screens on my wahoo I can change the mode of the resistance. So essentially I could set it to resistance level 5, or a target wattage or have it target the wattage prescribed on the workout. The latter is what I ideally need but as mentioned, the power being produced / recorded / shown needs to come from the Stages.

How do I go about starting my sessions with everything paired and doing as I need?

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    So just pair it with your stages? You won't get auto resistance though based on your power in my view as the Wahoo device is not controlling the resistance of your Cyclops. Your option is to try and pair with both, but refer to your Stages for your chosen power to follow. The Wahoo devices are hit and miss working correctly with smart trainers unless its a Wahoo Kickr series.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • If you had a KICKR, you could do exactly what you're describing. You'd set up the KICKR (thru the iPhone app) to use your Stages as the ANT+ power source (this is sometimes called "power matching"). Then on your Bolt you start your workout for the day, and the KICKR will use ERG mode to hold the prescribed wattages.

I very much doubt the Magnus supports power matching and control via Bolt, but have you asked them?

It's always easy to spend other people's money, but I'd say this is a good time to upgrade to a KICKR! :)
  • 38special wrote:
    If you had a KICKR, you could do exactly what you're describing. You'd set up the KICKR (thru the iPhone app) to use your Stages as the ANT+ power source (this is sometimes called "power matching"). Then on your Bolt you start your workout for the day, and the KICKR will use ERG mode to hold the prescribed wattages.

I very much doubt the Magnus supports power matching and control via Bolt, but have you asked them?

It's always easy to spend other people's money, but I'd say this is a good time to upgrade to a KICKR! :)

I will ask Cycleops, I only bought the turbo last week :)