Trick Mountain Bikes

Huskiestar
Huskiestar Posts: 4
edited February 2019 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone recommend what type/make of mountain etc is any good for me to learn tricks.

I'm female, round 5 foot 4 inch and I'm totally confused where to start.

My budget is around £300, I don't mind at all second hand but was after something I could occasionally use to get around as well.

I'm a total beginner, I tried to do bunny hops, wheelies as a kid on my shopping bike, always fancied a BMX instead.

Love to give it a go, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Secondhand hardtail should be quite easy for your £300, could also look at a jump bike or trials bike, whatever takes you fancy.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Thanks ever so much.

Are there any particular makes you would recommend?
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    First go and find something in your size, in a hardtail that would be small, there is usually a lot less small bikes about than medium and large. Then you can post them up here and someone can give you their opinion.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • For that intended use and budget, I’d get a bmx, how much ‘getting around’ do you need to do, as a proper jump/trick MTB will be no better than a bmx.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you can find a GT Chucker they were a good robust but capable cheap jump bike, can also be found for a lot less than that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.