Dalby Forest

lewiseastyorkshire
edited April 2019 in MTB rides
Hello all , would it be wise to try dalby forest for first ever off road trail ? or does anyone recommend anywhere within reasonable driving distance of hull .

Comments

• Just realised I might have posted in wrong section , feel free to move to correct place :)
  • 898kor
    898kor Posts: 81
    I tend to agree with Oxoman - there are plenty of easier bits on the Dalby Red Route but there are some very tricky ones as well - I went last Sunday and the trails were in good order.

Have you tried KORC at Kirton Lyndsey on the A15? Do a Facebook group search this Link Should Work- you want the MTB not the 4x4 obviously. Its a much smaller set of trails but some easy to learn routes and some trickier routes also. They are good guys (Volunteers) that run the bike side.

I live near Hull, generally speaking our regular haunts are: Dalby, Sherwood Pines, Leeds Urban Bike Park, Sutton Bank and Gisburn with KORC in the Summer for the camping.

KORC 20miles, Dalby is about 48 miles, Sherwood 70, Leeds 60, Sutton Bank 55, Gisburn is a pita but worth it - about 2 hours.
    Bossnut V2
    Levo FSR Comp
  • ok thanks oxoman ill probably try the red route out , may aswell go for it if im going to get into mountain biking and Kor i havent tried anywhere yet im literally just starting , picked up a boardman 8.9 MTB and dont want it just sat in my garage :) i have requested to join that facebook group so i will look once accepted . thanks for the information :D
  • freebs
    freebs Posts: 199
    How do you find the Boardman Lewis? Is it the FS?
  • croptonboy
    croptonboy Posts: 164
    freebs wrote:
    How do you find the Boardman Lewis? Is it the FS?

Maybe Dalby red was tricker than he thought...
  • wavey1000
    wavey1000 Posts: 59
    @898kor where exactly is korc? I live near hull and use dalby a bit but looking for new rides
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    He hasn’t logged in for nearly a year so you may not get a response.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited June 2020
    wavey1000 said:

@898kor where exactly is korc? I live near hull and use dalby a bit but looking for new rides

He says Gisburn Forrest “ with KORC” maybe Kingston off road club or the like.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    KORC is the Kirton Off Road Centre.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Ah just up the road from Uncle Henry’s in the Scunthorpe suburbs.