wednesday perception fragmenting into shards of realities

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee etc., feeling grumpy, may do some stabbing in the face, i feel it's more personal than in the back, plus you get to see their eyes

saw some geese yesterday, london waters not frozen though
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Double hybrid commute today, as I park up, cycle in and run back to the car.

Later is probably a film with the youngest rugrat as the eldest is working
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet and mild, don’t you just love global warming
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning, wet and mild, don’t you just love global warming
    Yep, it also means that 't1t Monday' will arrive that little bit sooner.

On the train into town. Stropteen is packing her bags and headed up to Cambridge this afternoon to do a couple of days of shadowing one of the tutors at the vet school, so peace will reign until Friday. Onwards to lots of work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

MTB into work again, only because I couldn't be bothered getting it out of the car last night.
    Need to start clearing my desk as I'm away next week and all the towers of paper won't be here when I get back.
    TLW1 wrote:
    It's slippery (but not flooded) in the meadows if you were planning on going back that way.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Last day in the ‘dam. Might get back in time for the pub. Hotel is opposite a big shiny office block that contains the European Medicines Agency, Brexit is taunting me.
    How’s TLW’s bike going to get home?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, office day today after two days away working on the Mull of Kintyre. Extremely tired, need lots of coffee. More indoor cycling tonight, absolutely killed myself yesterday as I was knackered from work/weekend. Hooray
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, least its Wednesday...

A trio of Tornado's will be buzzing Cranfield later on their final flypast so I'll try an get over to see that. Forgot the camera annoyingly but going on whats been said you have to be pretty quick to get a shot.

Bar that not much mainly watching TV screens, making notes and the like, Is it home time yet?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just did a rubbish weights sesh: you know when you go in and just do nothing then walk out again? yup, thats the one.

as an aside - mad daesh bint: smash or no smash?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm

Yes, but not attractive.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

Yes, but not attractive.

danger smash?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

Yes, but not attractive.

danger smash?

Would be a good story to tell the grandchildren... over skype to Bangladesh...
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    How’s TLW’s bike going to get home?
    Smashed it with a hammer and thrown over the fence / running in tomorrow and cycling home
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

A trio of Tornado's will be buzzing Cranfield later on their final flypast so I'll try an get over to see that. Forgot the camera annoyingly but going on whats been said you have to be pretty quick to get a shot.

i was in catterick ages ago when some Typhoons (the new things, not the old things) followed by some Spitfires buzzed us. it was cool.

but not as cool as this: https://youtu.be/vdHBsWXaHN8

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    They came past here yesterday but was too busy being harassed about stuff that I missed it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    We used to get them fly over as according to the MOD where we lived at the time was unpopulated, normally it was fine but occasionally youd get woken up middle of the night by a low flying Chinook or jet.

Where I am now we get the odd hurricane spitfire or DC2. No jets but I do prefer the old prop planes. A few of them use Cranfield by me as a spot over on the way to air shows which is nice.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    HaydenM wrote:

Yes, but not attractive.

danger smash?

Doggy fashion only.

Mad dreams not too distant from this thread title, catalysed by morphine.
    I seem to remember harassing Hoppy for cash, though that may have been before the morphine.
    No Geese or Pineapples appeared in these visions.

...and in my bestest Welsh, it's kicking off in CS lovely.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:
    ...and in my bestest Welsh.....
    Properly too. I need some popcorn.
    It's a shame the MFs can't add the poll to the CS thread.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    I seem to remember harassing Hoppy for cash, though that may have been before the morphine.

You don't get many offers to invest in the ever expanding chain of Pinno's pop-up-emporia. Obviously I immediately liquidated all my gold/London property/blue chip equity assets, and am now long pop-ups. A safe haven in these uncertain times. Anyone who wishes to follow me into this attractive asset class should send funds directly to me, and I will allocate them appropriately, and furnish you with the lavish returns as and when they roll in. PM for bank deets. 8)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    morphine, mmm, i remember getting shot up by a nurse in the eighties (the decade not the nurse), then i went to a bar with a busty singer, stage name of dawn, woke up many hours later, in phoenix, happy days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    It's slippery (but not flooded) in the meadows if you were planning on going back that way.
    Went road and boring the whole way :(