Democratic Action for cakestoppers.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2019 in The cake stop
I hereby propose that we all take a vote on whether Rick should remain on here as a mod/admin etc.
Bit of a straw poll really, but it will give an idea on how we feel.

You can vote 2 ways, stay or off the forum.

I vote off, sorry Rick, but censoring Frankthetank is a step too far......

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    You need to add a poll, but he may see this as bullying and pull the thread :wink:
    (Only joking Rick, please don't get out the ban stick)
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I, like others, didn't see Frank the tank's post but I'll bet that coming from him, it was banter and not bullying or disrespectful. I'm voting 'off' unless Willhub complained and I'll bet he didn't.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Frank the Tank's been censored? but his normallly balanced and erudite views couldn't have got him into trouble surely!

What was the subject matter at hand btw?
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Depends if Will misunderstood Franks question and complained, kind of by accident.

If not then its a very strange decision to remove it and one that whoever decided should be open enough to explain or learn to wind their neck in a little.

I don't think hounding Rick off this board would be particularly productive though. better him as a mod that gains experience at it whilst still knowing us, than one that randomly helicopters in and still can't differentiate between the genuine posters like Frank and the trolls.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Depends if Will misunderstood Franks question and complained, kind of by accident.

If not then its a very strange decision to remove it and one that whoever decided should be open enough to explain or learn to wind their neck in a little.

I don't think hounding Rick off this board would be particularly productive though. better him as a mod that gains experience at it whilst still knowing us, than one that randomly helicopters in and still can't differentiate between the genuine posters like Frank and the trolls.

Good points there, especially about having a status quo with Rick. Not hounding though, I'm sure I don't have that power, it was just an exercise to show our feelings, or gauge cakestoppers feelings.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Franks post was simply one line i think - something along the lines of "with all the other comments on the other thread can you feel the love"

Was as aggie says just banter. But as rick said if someone complains he has to take a position on it. And as Mattc59 said to a newb in beginners - put on your thickest skin and welcome aboard - its all a laugh at the end of the day - and as said above i'd rather a mod who frequents these pages than a....deep breath....whole hearted communter.

Cant we just do as the ukranians will do and just boo from the sidelines. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Just as there is always someone to complain about a post, likewise there is always someone to complain about a mod or a mods actions, Jeez man get over it. Did you hear Harmon on the TT stage, apparently people on twitter or the other rubbish were moaning about him going on about wiggins.Christ sake man he's leading IT. As soon as you put your head above the parapet some internet hero takes a shot.(and no it wasnt me :lol: )
    Whats the guy to do, it may have been a little unnecessary but the complainers voices are always heard, the squeaky wheel gets oiled, this is life.

edit= forgot, just to be clear STAY.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Whats this? Cake stoppers vigilante posse ? Is'nt this a little bit OTT?! Dead flogging horse a... something like that.

We need another round of I'm sorry I haven't a clue... or Happy Diary 3 or Girls in Lederhosen or an Eccles cake 'eat all you want buffet' or a new series of Banana Splitz/The Muppet Show/The Monkeys/Scooby doo 'Escape from Battersea Power station (should'nt that have been dogs home?)' or a nice pic of Claire Baldings ass...

Its thanks to BR and the mods that we have a forum where people feel free to speak their minds and do daft stuff and I can spout off about nothing in particular.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    What a silly thread.

Rick's promotion firstly to mod and then to admin has been a wonderful breath of fresh air in the commuting forum.

He is an excellent moderator.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Burn the witch!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Rick should definitely stay. What other opportunity in your life do you get to rub shoulders with a true intellectual leviathan. I mean, the guy has a first class honours degree for f's sake. Absolutely no one else on here has one of those do they? At least no one else talks about having one so they can't have one, right? The guy's parents even went to university!! He's practically got blue blood. I'm actually a better person just for having been logged on at the same time as him. He's wonderful.

Perhaps we could just send him on some kind of beginners moderating course to get him up to speed. I assume his colossal brain works on a rather higher plane than that required to discharge the rather menial task of forum moderation so we should all forgive him for being crap at it.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I want a Rick Chasey t-shirt! Of course he should stay.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I want a Rick Chasey t-shirt!

like this

the-referee-s-a-wanker-paid-by-chelski-t-shirt_design.bmp
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Out of curiosity, was dmc-lite banned?
    ...and where are all these people now?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    5O8mS7e.gif
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    What a silly thread.

Rick's promotion firstly to mod and then to admin has been a wonderful breath of fresh air in the commuting forum.

Before my time. Not seen this before but :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(Pause to catch my breath)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • What a silly thread.

Shows what a poor judge of character that you are.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    What a silly thread.

Shows what a poor judge of character that you are.

But at least his grammar is comprehensible.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    There's mods then?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    There's one...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The owners of Bike Radar told me a couple of years ago that Rick was going to lose his Mod/Admin rights. Guess that didn't happen.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Big Harv wrote:
    There's mods then?

https://youtu.be/pTka51ky9TE
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    cooldad wrote:
    There's one...
    Must be I had a written warning for a comment I made on brexit thread after being reported by a right whinger
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    cooldad wrote:
    There's one...
    Must be I had a written warning for a comment I made on brexit thread after being reported by Coopster

FTFY
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    cooldad wrote:
    There's one...
    Must be I had a written warning for a comment I made on brexit thread after being reported by a right whinger

You lucky, lucky bastard. :mrgreen:
  • bianchimoon
    Robert88 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    There's one...

You lucky, lucky bastard. :mrgreen:
    I wasn't even trying :D:D just show's how touchy they are :lol:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    Ben6899 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    There's one...
    Must be I had a written warning for a comment I made on brexit thread after being reported by Coopster

FTFY
    :wink: Sure Cooldad must have been given one at same time as both our comments were deleted :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The owners of Bike Radar told me a couple of years ago that Rick was going to lose his Mod/Admin rights. Guess that didn't happen.

No, they were right. They just didn’t change the colour of my name.

Though it was more like 4 years or so ago.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,864
    edited February 2019
    Mr Goo wrote:

Are you not intrigued what you did to throw his chippiness over the edge?

And what happened to an old school feeling of shame about telling tales to teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    Mr Goo wrote:

Are you not intrigued what you did to throw his chippiness over the edge?

Who are we talking about?