Tenerife riding from Puerto de la Cruz.

tubaonwheels
tubaonwheels Posts: 448
edited February 2019 in Tour & expedition
Just back from a 2 week holiday in Puerto dela Cruz, Tenerife. Had 4 rides from Ride Base there. Cannot recommend them enough, really friendly and helpfull guys. Excellent carbon bike with ultegra and a great guide for all my rides - Jesper. The riding on that side of the island is superb.
Ride one was, into the hills and descent to Garachico followed by another big climb and several small ones before descending back to base, 53 miles 6700' ascent.
Ride 2 was into the Anaga forest and a big climb to Pico de Ingles, 62 miles 7500'.
Ride 3 was the 29 mile ascent of Teide (base of cable car and back), 58 miles 8200'.
The last ride was a more low level route to Garachico then a big climb to Masca, steep descent and a very steep climb to Santiago del Teide (coffee stop) then up again before an 11 mile descent followed by yet another climb with several steep ramps, then nice descent back to the shop. 67 miles, 10300'.
Coffee stops on all rides and Jesper took loads of photos and videos - no extra charge.

I loved every bit of it, well some occasions I was groaning a tad :mrgreen:
Ride Base, Puerto de la Cruz.

Comments

• Nice - how was the ride to Anaga? That area is spectacular.
  • Nice - how was the ride to Anaga? That area is spectacular.
    Was a good one. went via El Sauzal? with a good little climb. Lovely long climb in the Anaga forest, cloudy day so descent was pretty cold, great fun though. Very quiet roads, as you say a spectacular area.